-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 11:00 AM
To: main

I have a friend who would like to join this list. Could some kind
person give me the subscription address? I can't seem to find it
anywhere.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

Mike Pietruk

For everyone's future reference, all sorts of addresses and links are
included at the bottom of each posted msg on the list.
While there is no subscribe address shown, there is one for unsubscribe.
So, just remove the "un" and you have the address.
I just noticed this now.

Bill White

Hi, Mike. Yes, it sounds simple to take the unsubscribe address, and remove
the "un", but in some email programs, the entire link is read, without the
ability to arrow through the link and listen to individual characters and
edit them. This is often why people ask for the unsubscribe address.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

For everyone's future reference, all sorts of addresses and links are
included at the bottom of each posted msg on the list.
While there is no subscribe address shown, there is one for unsubscribe.
So, just remove the "un" and you have the address.
I just noticed this now.

Mike Pietruk

I was thinking of clipping, editing and pasting.
That way, no chance of accidentally removing oneself from the list.

Kimber Gardner

Thanks Bill.

On 3/23/22, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:
Hi, Kimber. The subscription address for the JFW list is,

jfw+subscribe@groups.io

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I have a friend who would like to join this list. Could some kind
person give me the subscription address? I can't seem to find it
anywhere.

Thanks,
Kim

--
Kimberly

--
Kimberly

Sending a message to any group's help address will get you a list of the most commonly used group addresses.

You just take the address you use every time you post and stick, sans quotation marks, "+help," directly in front of the at sign.  For this group, that means the help address is:  main+help@jfw.groups.io

Friendship. . . Intimacy, untroubled by eros.

         ~ Kim Chernin

Joseph Hudson

All the correct addresses are also available on one's homepage as well. And you can see these without logging in.Z