moderated Strange problem with Outlook and losing speech

N K Shackelford

This happens with N V D A and think it may be happening with JAWS as well. At various times when Outlook is running, and when Outlook is started, I lose speech; when I turn screen reader back on, I find this same message every time:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot handle the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Then, there is the good old OK button to click. I have checked in my control panel, and Outlook is the default client for mail. What could cause this?

Using Windows 10, Outlook 2013, and either N V D A or JAWS 2018.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

Glenn / Lenny

Nance,
This page may have your solution.

HTH.
Glenn

This happens with N V D A and think it may be happening with JAWS as well. At various times when Outlook is running, and when Outlook is started, I lose speech; when I turn screen reader back on, I find this same message every time:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot handle the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Then, there is the good old OK button to click. I have checked in my control panel, and Outlook is the default client for mail. What could cause this?

Using Windows 10, Outlook 2013, and either N V D A or JAWS 2018.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

Glenn / Lenny

If that link didn't work, since my spellchecker wanted to fix it, I'm wondering, here it again:

Glenn

This happens with N V D A and think it may be happening with JAWS as well. At various times when Outlook is running, and when Outlook is started, I lose speech; when I turn screen reader back on, I find this same message every time:

Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot handle the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

Then, there is the good old OK button to click. I have checked in my control panel, and Outlook is the default client for mail. What could cause this?

Using Windows 10, Outlook 2013, and either N V D A or JAWS 2018.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

N K Shackelford

Okay, I did both and found that Outlook is indeed set as the default, so if I get this again, I shall attempt to repair Office. I have 32-bit Outlook.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

Vaughn Brown

I am having a similar issue. When I arrow through the message pane
Jaws does not read the names or titles of the message. I have to hit
inscert up arrow to read but that seems to stop quickly before
switching to "read" and "unread" without telling me when the sender or
subject.

Any ideas? Tried repairing and defaulting Outlook and Office 360.

Kindly,

Vaughn

On 6/11/21, N K Shackelford <nance62lady@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, I did both and found that Outlook is indeed set as the default, so if
I get this again, I shall attempt to repair Office. I have 32-bit Outlook.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

Glenn / Lenny

Vaughn,
Is your outlook maximized?
Do windows + up arrow to maximize a window.
This often fixes problems like that.
Glenn

I am having a similar issue. When I arrow through the message pane
Jaws does not read the names or titles of the message. I have to hit
inscert up arrow to read but that seems to stop quickly before
switching to "read" and "unread" without telling me when the sender or
subject.

Any ideas? Tried repairing and defaulting Outlook and Office 360.

Kindly,

Vaughn

On 6/11/21, N K Shackelford <nance62lady@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, I did both and found that Outlook is indeed set as the default, so if
I get this again, I shall attempt to repair Office. I have 32-bit Outlook.

Thanks,

Nance

N K Shackelford

===Walk on Faith And Trust In Love=== Michael Reid

Vaughn Brown

Hi, Glenn,

Thank you. I always learn new tricks from wise people such as you.

Kind regards,

Vaughn