moderated strange problem when opening pdf files

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Good morning: In the past few days, when opening a pdf file on my laptop, it opens in Google Chrome and goes through the typical options when opening a pdf file while in Google Chrome, giving me options to print, download etc. How can I prevent this from happening so that the pdf file simply opens normally.

I don't know if the fact that I'm using Jaws 19, has anything to do with it, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Thanks.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

If by normally, you mean in Acrobat Reader, you need to go into the program default settings and set PDF’s to Acrobat.

Or, if you have a PDF on your computer, put focus on it, use the Applications key, or shift+f10, arrow down to Open With, and hit enter, then arrow to Adobe Acrobat, and tab to Always use this app to open PDF’s and check it and tab to OK and hit enter.

That should change the default to Adobe Acrobat, but if not, the Program Default settings by file type should solve it.

Richard

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com