Topics

Steps wanted to maximize Chrome browser window

David Pearson

Hello list::

It's my understanding that maximizing the browser window involves pressing Windows key + up arrow, but is my Windows key the same as my menu key (have a bump dot on it) and if yes do these key presses have to be done after opening the browser, and do the keys need to be pressed simultaneously?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

On any Windows based system I've every touched the Windows Key is on the lowest row of keys, on the left, and very often the third key in (after a CTRL and FN key).

Any command for the browser must be done after the browser is open and its window has focus.  And WinKey+Up Arrow does maximize the window.

This is not, however, a browser specific command, but a Windows command.  Any window that happens to have focus will be maximized if you hit WinKey+Up Arrow, and will be restored down (not minimized to the system tray) if you hit WinKey+Down Arrow.

The list of Windows 10 (and other versions, too) Keyboard Shortcuts can be found at:  

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Windows Help

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

Windows Key is the same as the start menu key. It's typically the second key to the right of the spacebar. I press that key, then hit the up arrow once to maximize the open window. So, yes, Chrome needs to be open or the keystroke will maximize whatever other program you are currently on.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Steps wanted to maximize Chrome browser window

It's my understanding that maximizing the browser window involves pressing Windows key + up arrow, but is my Windows key the same as my menu key (have a bump dot on it) and if yes do these key presses have to be done after opening the browser, and do the keys need to be pressed simultaneously?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Don Mauck

Try using the F11 key.

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office | (APO)

Don.mauck@...

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:01 PM, Don Mauck wrote:
Try using the F11 key.
-
That gets you into full screen mode, which is very different than a standard maximized window.  It's also a toggle, so if you've gone full screen and want to get back to normal you hit F11 again.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Bill White

Hi, David. You can also press ALT plus SPACE, followed by X, and this will
maximize the Chrome Window if it is already open.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David
Pearson
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:53 AM

It's my understanding that maximizing the browser window involves pressing
Windows key + up arrow, but is my Windows key the same as my menu key
(have a bump dot on it) and if yes do these key presses have to be done
after opening the browser, and do the keys need to be pressed
simultaneously?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hello Robin::

Thanks for the reply, and info, but do the Windows + up arrow key presses have to be simultaneous to maximize the browser window?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: Steps wanted to maximize Chrome browser window

Windows Key is the same as the start menu key. It's typically the second key to the right of the spacebar. I press that key, then hit the up arrow once to maximize the open window. So, yes, Chrome needs to be open or the keystroke will maximize whatever other program you are currently on.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 12:33 PM, David Pearson wrote:
Thanks for the reply, and info, but do the Windows + up arrow key presses have to be simultaneous to maximize the browser window?
Like all X-Key+Y-Key commands, the presses must be together.  That being said, you can press X-Key, keep it held, and hit Y-Key, and that will execute the action.

That's the whole purpose of the plus designation.  In sequential presses, e.g., WinKey+X,E to open File Explorer, the comma us used to specify the next press in the sequence.  In this case, you must hold down WinKey and while its held down, hit X, then release those and hit E.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

David Pearson

Hello all:

Thanks for replies, and assistance as believe that browser is now “maxed”.  Is their a similar command to max a Youtube video screen as they’re currently not filling up entire monitor .

Thanks again,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:48 PM

Like all X-Key+Y-Key commands, the presses must be together.  That being said, you can press X-Key, keep it held, and hit Y-Key, and that will execute the action.

That's the whole purpose of the plus designation.  In sequential presses, e.g., WinKey+X,E to open File Explorer, the comma us used to specify the next press in the sequence.  In this case, you must hold down WinKey and while its held down, hit X, then release those and hit E.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

~ Lawrence Krauss

JM Casey

I don’t think youtube videos normally fill up the screen – it’s a smallish frame within your browser. There is a fullscreen keystroke “f” (also a button in the player if you’d prefer to navigate to it)…not sure if it’s beneficial to invoke the browser’s own fullscreen command or not.

Sent: September 23, 2020 3:26 PM

Hello all:

Thanks for replies, and assistance as believe that browser is now “maxed”.  Is their a similar command to max a Youtube video screen as they’re currently not filling up entire monitor .

Thanks again,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:48 PM

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

~ Lawrence Krauss

JM & David,

If you have focus on the actual YouTube player, the full screen keyboard shortcut, f, will make the YouTube player go full screen.  It is a toggle so hitting it again reverts back to the player being embedded on the YouTube page.

If you have high resolution video, going full screen may be helpful.  If you have low resolution video, it can make matters worse as everything becomes very pixellated/fuzzy.  But you can't know what a given video will look like any more easily than by throwing it to full screen and then going back if it doesn't suit you.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss