Topics

Steps wanted to maximize Chrome browser window

David Pearson

Hello list::

It's my understanding that maximizing the browser window involves pressing Windows key + up arrow, but is my Windows key the same as my menu key (have a bump dot on it) and if yes do these key presses have to be done after opening the browser, and do the keys need to be pressed simultaneously?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

On any Windows based system I've every touched the Windows Key is on the lowest row of keys, on the left, and very often the third key in (after a CTRL and FN key).

Any command for the browser must be done after the browser is open and its window has focus.  And WinKey+Up Arrow does maximize the window.

This is not, however, a browser specific command, but a Windows command.  Any window that happens to have focus will be maximized if you hit WinKey+Up Arrow, and will be restored down (not minimized to the system tray) if you hit WinKey+Down Arrow.

The list of Windows 10 (and other versions, too) Keyboard Shortcuts can be found at:

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Windows Help

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

Windows Key is the same as the start menu key. It's typically the second key to the right of the spacebar. I press that key, then hit the up arrow once to maximize the open window. So, yes, Chrome needs to be open or the keystroke will maximize whatever other program you are currently on.

It's my understanding that maximizing the browser window involves pressing Windows key + up arrow, but is my Windows key the same as my menu key (have a bump dot on it) and if yes do these key presses have to be done after opening the browser, and do the keys need to be pressed simultaneously?

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Don Mauck

Try using the F11 key.

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office | (APO)

303.334.4184
Don.mauck@...