Topics

moderated Status for edge?

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello,

Yesterday  I have upgraded  the windows 2004 and the latest version of Jaws.

I have  used Internet  explorerup to now.

It was mentioned previously that the "Edge Browser" with the 2004 update may have the merger with chromium?

What is the trend to go regarding browser with Jaws?

Klaus

Richard Turner

I had installed the chromium version before updating to Windows 10, 2004, so I cannot say if 2004 includes the chromium version: check your version number; this is what I have:
Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.478.50
I use it now pretty much all the time.
Now with Windows 10 2004, Firefox is behaving itself again so I also use Firefox if Edge isn't doing it for me.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Klaus Vielhauer
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 6:42 AM
To: Jaws Forum <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Status for edge?

Hello,

Yesterday  I have upgraded  the windows 2004 and the latest version of Jaws.

I have  used Internet  explorerup to now.

It was mentioned previously that the "Edge Browser" with the 2004 update may have the merger with chromium?

Klaus

Hi,
A future feature update will switch everyone to Chromium Edge (source: Microsoft).
Cheers,
Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 6:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Status for edge?

I had installed the chromium version before updating to Windows 10, 2004, so I cannot say if 2004 includes the chromium version: check your version number; this is what I have:
Microsoft Edge Version 83.0.478.50
I use it now pretty much all the time.
Now with Windows 10 2004, Firefox is behaving itself again so I also use Firefox if Edge isn't doing it for me.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Klaus Vielhauer
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 6:42 AM
To: Jaws Forum <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Status for edge?

Hello,

Yesterday I have upgraded the windows 2004 and the latest version of Jaws.

I have used Internet explorerup to now.

Klaus

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
A future feature update will switch everyone to Chromium Edge (source: Microsoft).
A current regular update is already doing so:  2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4559309)

I understand that the tentative end of that rollout to all of the Windows 10 user base is the end of July.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Hi,

What I’m trying to get at is for those doubting when Edge will become part of Windows 10 i.e. ship with it. That will happen with Windows 10 Version 20H2 (beta phase at the moment).

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2020 9:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Status for edge?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:08 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

A current regular update is already doing so:  2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4559309)

I understand that the tentative end of that rollout to all of the Windows 10 user base is the end of July.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Edge will become part of Windows 10 i.e. ship with it. That will happen with Windows 10 Version 20H2 (beta phase at the moment).
I didn't know that 20H2 was the "ship with" point, but given the hoopla Microsoft has made about original Edge being replaced with Chromium-based Edge, including stating that original Edge would no longer be available to the end user, it seems to me a given that ultimately there will be only new Edge.

They've been clear that original Edge is "dead browser browsing" for quite a while now.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss