moderated spam mail in outlook

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Hi:

I'm using Microsoft outlook and received spam mail with an attachment.

I'm aware that this spam mail can be put into my inbox with the attachment, but don't know how to do it with Jaws.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kestrel Verlager
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2022 07:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word Processors that Work with JAWS

I have Microsoft 365 because it gives me a legal copy of Windows and all its primary apps (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.), along with any updates, plus OneDrive for backing up all my files, which I can also use for syncing my computers, plus the cloud storage.

That's a great deal for $70 a year, but that's still $70 a year, which not everyone wants to pay when they already have the basic tools they need, so I wasn't thinking along the lines of anything with an additional cost when I made my suggestions.

Kestrell
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 4:20 PM

Hi,
Have you considered Microsoft 365? (I believe this used to be referred to as Office 365). It includes Microsoft word, outlook, one drive, excel, etc. This would make it far cheaper than buying Microsoft office outright and give you the added benefit of more one drive storage (I believe 1 tb) should you ever decide that would be something that would interest you. This could, in theory, allow you to back up all your important documents, downloads etc.

Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 3:12 PM

If you are looking for ebooks suitable for beginners who want to learn word processing, I recommend the National Braill Press. Their website is https://www.nbp.org .

Even though they sell books in hard copy braille, they also produce their ebooks in electronic braille, Daisy, Word, and available as downloads or to be snail mailed to you on thumb drives. The books which talk about word processing using Word should mostly work with Wordpad: Wordpad doesn't have the ribbons that Word does, but I consider that a plus, and most of the keyboard commands work across both word processors.

Kestrell

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lanie Molinar
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 1:42 PM
Subject: Word Processors that Work with JAWS

Hi all. Thanks to everyone who answered my last email. I have another question. I might have a lot for a little while. I know Microsoft Word works well with JAWS, but I can't really justify the expense, especially since I don't do a lot of work with documents. I might need to in the future, though. What are some other word processors that work well with JAWS? With NVDA, I used Google Docs or occasionally LibreOffice. Are these good, or are there others you would recommend? I want to find one for future work, but I'm also just looking for a good way to read a book I just got, which comes in Microsoft Word format. Thanks.

John,

This is not a JAWS function, but an Outlook command.  No matter which folder containing messages you're in, you can move or copy to another folder.  What follows presumes you have the folder open you need to move the message out of and that the message itself is selected.

1. Hit ALT + H, MV  [Home Ribbon, Move Control]
2. You will then be presented with a dropdown list of most likely folders where Inbox is, in my experience, invariably the first in the list.
3.  Gain focus on the folder to which you wish the message to be moved and hit Enter.  The message will disappear from the mailbox you currently have open and will have been placed in the one you chose from the list.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Tim Ford

With your cursor focus on the name of the email, press control + shift + y. Then press control + shift + I, and the email will be moved to your inbox and have all original functionality.

Tim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2022 8:51 AM
Subject: spam mail in outlook

Hi:

I'm aware that this spam mail can be put into my inbox with the attachment, but don't know how to do it with Jaws.

Thank you.

I have Microsoft 365 because it gives me a legal copy of Windows and all its primary apps (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.), along with any updates, plus OneDrive for backing up all my files, which I can also use for syncing my computers, plus the cloud storage.

That's a great deal for $70 a year, but that's still $70 a year, which not everyone wants to pay when they already have the basic tools they need, so I wasn't thinking along the lines of anything with an additional cost when I made my suggestions.

Kestrell

Hi,
Have you considered Microsoft 365? (I believe this used to be referred to as Office 365). It includes Microsoft word, outlook, one drive, excel, etc. This would make it far cheaper than buying Microsoft office outright and give you the added benefit of more one drive storage (I believe 1 tb) should you ever decide that would be something that would interest you. This could, in theory, allow you to back up all your important documents, downloads etc.

If you are looking for ebooks suitable for beginners who want to learn word processing, I recommend the National Braill Press. Their website is https://www.nbp.org .

Even though they sell books in hard copy braille, they also produce their ebooks in electronic braille, Daisy, Word, and available as downloads or to be snail mailed to you on thumb drives. The books which talk about word processing using Word should mostly work with Wordpad: Wordpad doesn't have the ribbons that Word does, but I consider that a plus, and most of the keyboard commands work across both word processors.

Kestrell

Hi all. Thanks to everyone who answered my last email. I have another question. I might have a lot for a little while. I know Microsoft Word works well with JAWS, but I can't really justify the expense, especially since I don't do a lot of work with documents. I might need to in the future, though. What are some other word processors that work well with JAWS? With NVDA, I used Google Docs or occasionally LibreOffice. Are these good, or are there others you would recommend? I want to find one for future work, but I'm also just looking for a good way to read a book I just got, which comes in Microsoft Word format. Thanks.

Madison Martin

Hi John,
When you're on the message (don't open it) press control shift v, your inbox should be the first folder in the list but if it isn't then arrow down until you find it and then press enter on it and the message will be in your inbox

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: June 12, 2022 10:51 AM

Hi:

Thank you.

Kestrell

Hi,

Kestrell

Karen Reynolds

Hi,
Make sure the message you want to move is selected. I just arrow down or up and make sure it is the focus and Jaws is reading the subject, sender, etc. Then I press control shift v and a dialog box comes up. Arrow up and down and choose the place you want to put it and press enter. You are done. One thing to note is that if you have one message you want to move and two messages down from that another one is to go to the same place, once you press the control shift v usually it lands on the same folder so all you have to do is press enter. I do make sure though before pressing enter. You can also select more than one message and do the same thing.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2022 11:51 AM

Hi:

Thank you.

Kestrell

Hi,

Kestrell