Topics

moderated Skype starting at boot up

John Doering

Hello:

On my Windows 10 with latest version, Skype starts up automatically at boot up.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Van Lant, Robin

I think one of the more recent updates to Office seemed to trigger this for me.  Since I don’t’ use Skype, I think I found the icon on the system tray and found a setting in there to stop it.  Hopefully someone else has more detail.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 9:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Skype starting at boot up

Hello:

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Lino Morales

Hi. John. Yes their is a setting to turn this off in Skype for desktop. I don't have Skye start at startup. Take care.

On 6/8/2020 1:45 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io wrote:

I think one of the more recent updates to Office seemed to trigger this for me.  Since I don’t’ use Skype, I think I found the icon on the system tray and found a setting in there to stop it.  Hopefully someone else has more detail.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 9:36 AM
Subject: Skype starting at boot up

Hello:

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

David Kingsbury

Hi,

1.      Hit Windows to open the search box and type in startup, and hit enter. Make it one word with no spaces.

2.      Tab through and hit the spacebar to toggle the various apps listed on and off.

3.      Hit Alt  F4 when you are done. There is no OK button.

Hopefully that will fix it.

David

John Doering

David:

That did the trick.

I have lived with this for 3 years and it was so simple to solve.

Just goes to  say, if you don’t ask…

Thanks again,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Kingsbury
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Skype starting at boot up

Hi,

1.      Hit Windows to open the search box and type in startup, and hit enter. Make it one word with no spaces.

2.      Tab through and hit the spacebar to toggle the various apps listed on and off.

3.      Hit Alt  F4 when you are done. There is no OK button.

Hopefully that will fix it.

David