Topics

moderated Skype starting at boot up

John Doering

Hello:

On my Windows 10 with latest version, Skype starts up automatically at boot up.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Van Lant, Robin

I think one of the more recent updates to Office seemed to trigger this for me.  Since I don’t’ use Skype, I think I found the icon on the system tray and found a setting in there to stop it.  Hopefully someone else has more detail.

On my Windows 10 with latest version, Skype starts up automatically at boot up.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Lino Morales

Hi. John. Yes their is a setting to turn this off in Skype for desktop. I don't have Skye start at startup. Take care.

On 6/8/2020 1:45 PM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io wrote:

I think one of the more recent updates to Office seemed to trigger this for me.  Since I don’t’ use Skype, I think I found the icon on the system tray and found a setting in there to stop it.  Hopefully someone else has more detail.

On my Windows 10 with latest version, Skype starts up automatically at boot up.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

David Kingsbury

Hi,

1.      Hit Windows to open the search box and type in startup, and hit enter. Make it one word with no spaces.

2.      Tab through and hit the spacebar to toggle the various apps listed on and off.

3.      Hit Alt  F4 when you are done. There is no OK button.

Hopefully that will fix it.

David

John Doering

David:

That did the trick.

I have lived with this for 3 years and it was so simple to solve.

Just goes to  say, if you don’t ask…

Thanks again,