From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: October 1, 2021 12:51 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: size of file in Outlook

Today, when I go down my list of messages in my inbox, I am suddenly being told the size of each message. I don’t really need or want this. Is there a way of stopping this information being spoken?

Alison

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I have Outlook via a Microsoft 365 Subscription and assume this will also apply to Outlookl 2016 and 2019 at least, but not totally sure.

Anyways, here is how I select, deselect and reorder the list of columns:

1. Press Alt + V followed by V, this is for the View menu and the second V is for View Settings

2. Focus is on a button called "Columns…", press enter or spacebar to activate the button

3. Jaws will say "2" or maybe it's a different number in your case, this is for " Maximum number of lines in compact mode", just ignore this and press tab I think 5 times, you want to hear the following:

Show these columns in this order: Multi Select List Box

Here  you can now arrow down and see the columns which are shown in your Inbox and this will be the order they are in. In my case I have the following:

Icon, 1 of 6

Attachment,

Subject

From

Received

Size

As you can see after Icon which is for whether Jaws reads the message status like Unread, Replied, Forwarded and Attachment which indicates if a message has an attachment, I have reordered my list so Subject comes first before From. I have it this way in my mail account for mailing lists because I prefer to hear the subject first and only then who wrote the message.

If I go all the way to the bottom I have Size and if you don't want this, find it in your list and then press Shift + Tab which takes you to the "Remove" button, activate it with enter or spacebar or just press Alt + R when you are on Size.

If you do want to reorder the list find the column you want to move up or down and then tab forward, if you aren't on the very first column which of course can't be moved up you will have a "Move Up" option, tab again and you have a "Move Down" option except of course on the last collumn which can only be moved up. The shortcut keys for Move U[p is Alt + U and the shortcut for Move Down is Alt + D so instead of tabbing and activating the correct button you can just stay on the column name and press Alt + U or Alt + D.

Once you have removed what you don't want (there is also another list with more columns you can add if you wish) and once you reordered the columns you do want to see the way you want just tab to OK and activate it and you are done.

Best regards,

Sieghard