moderated Since most recent Jaws update

Tom Behler

As I think I said in an earlier post, I still occasionally get the clicks with voice assistant disabled as well.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Since most recent Jaws update

I have voice assist disabled and still have the clicks.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:58 AM

Just a thought, I do not have this issue and also I do not have “sharkie” enabled.  Do others with this problem have “sharkie” enabled and if so could there be a connection between this and other “Sharkie” issue that are  occurring with MS Word?

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:32 AM

Let me clarify: I hear the “pop” or “tap” whenever I am in a Microsoft app, primarily Word documents, Mail, and such. I’m using Office 2016.

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:17 AM

I thought it was my computer. I’ve been hearing a click now and then, not necessarily with mail only but with several programs I’m using. It isn’t annoying, but it can be distracting when you’re wondering if something is wrong. What I’m hearing sounds more like a tiny pop or tap.

(I would have never admitted it until others mentioned it.)

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:34 AM

I hear this also.Also almost every time I type an o I hear a click.

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:12 AM

Hi, all.  Ever since updating to the latest update to Jaws 2021, whenever I launch Outlook 365 on my desktop pc and my laptop pc from the desktop shortcuts, I hear a click when Outlook opens.  When Outlook opens I hear a click when the words opening Outlook is spoken.  I tried a Jaws repair on both machines and the click sill persists.  This anomaly is not annoying but it is noticeable.  I am running Windows 10 h2 pro on my desktop pc and Windows 10 h2 home edition on my laptop.  I am using my preferred Eloquence synthesizer.  Thanks. 

Richard Turner

I do not have the clicks and Voice Assistant is disabled.

Have you checked your Windows Sound Scheme?

Not to mention the Jaws sound settings?

I have Microsoft 365 and have no clicks when opening or using any of the applications.

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 7:45 AM

Just a thought, I do not have this issue and also I do not have “sharkie” enabled.  Do others with this problem have “sharkie” enabled and if so could there be a connection between this and other “Sharkie” issue that are  occurring with MS Word?

Dan

Let me clarify: I hear the “pop” or “tap” whenever I am in a Microsoft app, primarily Word documents, Mail, and such. I’m using Office 2016.

Shirley Tracy

I thought it was my computer. I’ve been hearing a click now and then, not necessarily with mail only but with several programs I’m using. It isn’t annoying, but it can be distracting when you’re wondering if something is wrong. What I’m hearing sounds more like a tiny pop or tap.

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

Hi, all.  Ever since updating to the latest update to Jaws 2021, whenever I launch Outlook 365 on my desktop pc and my laptop pc from the desktop shortcuts, I hear a click when Outlook opens.  When Outlook opens I hear a click when the words opening Outlook is spoken.  I tried a Jaws repair on both machines and the click sill persists.  This anomaly is not annoying but it is noticeable.  I am running Windows 10 h2 pro on my desktop pc and Windows 10 h2 home edition on my laptop.  I am using my preferred Eloquence synthesizer.  Thanks. 

Rick Mladek

Using a hardware syn, I do not receive these mentioned clicks. Obviously an issue with Jaws and elequence or other software syns.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:53 AM

As I think I said in an earlier post, I still occasionally get the clicks with voice assistant disabled as well.

Tom Behler

Dan

Shirley Tracy

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy

Dan Longmore

An interesting twist.  The issue occurs on my Dell laptop but not on my HP desktop.  Both running Windows 10 and JAWS 2021.  Laptop is using spring 2020 Windows 10 and desktop fall edition of Windows 10.

Other than that systems are close in processor and memory. Both utilize on board sound cards however desktop has some memory dedicated to audio.    

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 1:47 PM

Using a hardware syn, I do not receive these mentioned clicks. Obviously an issue with Jaws and elequence or other software syns.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 10:53 AM

Tom Behler

Dan

Shirley Tracy

Cheerfully,

Shirley Tracy