moderated silenting jaws

Jerry hathaway

Where can I find the setting to silent jaws when I open a program such as a game or other program that has it own voice program for the blind.

Jerry

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

I think what you want here is speech on demand. Press the layered command JAWS key and space and hit S. If the games or game is self voicing your just better off closing out JAWS. Just be sure to use a shortcut key like alt CTRL J to bring it back up once your done. Happy gaming.

On 5/21/2021 10:41 PM, Jerry hathaway wrote:
Where can I find the setting to silent jaws when I open a program such as a game or other program that has it own voice program for the blind.

Jerry

JAWS+Spacebar, followed by S is the toggle speech on/off shortcut

If you want JAWS speech off any time you gain focus on the window of a self-voicing program, see this topic in the group archives:  Silencing JAWS during self-voicing programs.  I do not believe this has changed at all in later versions.

           ~ André Gide

Just realized that the link I gave will likely open the whole topic.  See this specific message, https://jfw.groups.io/g/main/message/48915, though the whole topic, Silencing JAWS during self-voicing programs, would have additional information you might find helpful.

           ~ André Gide

Bill White

Hi, Jerry. From the archives:

Open the application in question.

Press jaws key + the number six on the numbers row to launch jaws  settings center.

you will open in add new configuration manager.

A default name will be automatically entered in the application name.

Press enter to accept.

You will be in a search edit box.

Type sleep

You will be presented with two results.

Arrow down to

Sleep mode.

Press the space bar to check it

Tab to the ok button and press enter.

Now, whenever you launch the self voicing application, jaws will be automatically put to sleep.

Just remember that, once you have set the application so that JAWS goes to sleep whenever a particular application is launched, it is a little difficult to get JAWS to awake in that application, should you ever need it to do so in the future.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...