Topics

shut down sound for windows 10

cecropia64

Problem is that Microsoft isn't blind.  They really have no idea how hard it can be for us.  If they did I think they'd put more effort into it.  I know they have come a long way but it would be nice if they made the normal stuff more useable as well, not just their own stuff.

On 7/31/2018 11:18 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:

MS doesn't give a rat's ass what the public thinks.  If it did, it would have replaced the much-despised ribbon menu structure with the more convenient and less cumbersome classic menu structure that most of its customers, sighted and blind alike,  prefer. On the contrary, MS seems to go out of its way to frustrate and tick off its customers just to prove that they can do anything they damn well please and get away with it.

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: Aleeha Dudley
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: shut down sound for windows 10

Hi all,
I am a very infrequent poster on this list, but I needed to contribute on this one.
The lack of a shutdown sound does NOT indicate a lack of accessibility You could always use a light detector app to determine if the screen is off, or place your ear close to the computer to hear the different sounds stop. Systems change. That’s a fact. The Mac, for example, does not make the startup sound on the new machines. It’s sad, but it’s true. In an age where people want faster operating systems and less noise from machines, Microsoft has to go with what the public wants, not a niche market. If you really think that Microsoft or any other company is stepping back in terms of accessibility, I’d strongly encourage you to do a bit of research into current accessibility developments first.
Aleeha
On Jul 31, 2018, at 9:42 AM, David Ingram <dingram269@earthlink.net> wrote:

hi list members, what version of jaws are being used currently? If the answers is jaws 2018 or jaws 17 then you should hear all system sounds. I'currently using jaws version 16.  This means that if you're using jaws 17 or 2018 with windows 10 version 1803 you should hear all system soundsI'm going to check to see whether windows 10 version 1803 does the same with firefox?