Search in Excel

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Office 2016 and Jaws2021. I will be doing a search in Excel using control F. After a few times of pressing the enter key to move to the next find, I’m put into a window that says mail. I have to do a alt tab to get back into the Excel window and it is still on the search function. Why would I be pushed out of the Excel window? What is the window that says mail? I cannot arrow up and down or tab. I go into Jaws cursor and there is nothing on the screen. There are times the same thing happens in Outlook of suddenly being pushed to a window that just says mail. Thanks, Kevin

Ben Moxey

Hi Kevin

I’m not sure about the “mail” interruption you describe. But I’m hoping this tip might help with searching in Excel.

  1. Press Control + F and type what you want to find.
  2. Press Enter to start the search.
  3. Press Escape to exit the Find box and be placed on the cell with the first find result.
  4. Press F4 to be placed on the cell with the next result, or Shift + F4 to move to the previous.

All the best.

Ben

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Office 2016 and Jaws2021. I will be doing a search in Excel using control F. After a few times of pressing the enter key to move to the next find, I’m put into a window that says mail. I have to do a alt tab to get back into the Excel window and it is still on the search function. Why would I be pushed out of the Excel window? What is the window that says mail? I cannot arrow up and down or tab. I go into Jaws cursor and there is nothing on the screen. There are times the same thing happens in Outlook of suddenly being pushed to a window that just says mail. Thanks, Kevin

Kevin,

Are you sure your Excel screen is maximized? I didn’t have any issues searching as you described with Excel 2019 and Fusion 2020 with Excel maximized.

Alan Lemly

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Office 2016 and Jaws2021. I will be doing a search in Excel using control F. After a few times of pressing the enter key to move to the next find, I’m put into a window that says mail. I have to do a alt tab to get back into the Excel window and it is still on the search function. Why would I be pushed out of the Excel window? What is the window that says mail? I cannot arrow up and down or tab. I go into Jaws cursor and there is nothing on the screen. There are times the same thing happens in Outlook of suddenly being pushed to a window that just says mail. Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

Thanks Ben!