moderated script: sound on webpage

William Windels

Hello

I supose there is now default option in jaws but perhaps with scripts:

I want to play a sound when a particular word is on a webpage.

Google is not giving a answer after a first look.

thx alot for any ideas

--

Met vriendelijke groeten

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi William,

what do you want do do exactly: Open a new web page und if a particular word is on the site then hearing a sound? Or on the other hand walking through the site and if JAWS detects during your visit a particular word then play a sound?

The first one could be solved via using a script but I think it's important to know the browser you are using.

The second one could be made by using a dictionary entry for JAWS Dictionary but instead of speaking a word one could use a sound. These dictionary entries could also be made for a particular site and not only for the browser itself.

All the best
Udo