Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2021 4:16 PM
Subject: scanning with JAWS

Some time back, someone posted how to scan with jaws. It’s been a while and I forgot how. I did it before and really need to try it again. Did we use Freedom Scientific’s import printer? Or did I dream it up? Anyway, Open Book isn’t scanning well, and I need accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Richard Turner

You have to do Jaws Key (insert) plus space bar, then o, then a.

O for OCR, then A for acquire.

Or press insert+spacebar, then O then question armk to get a list of the keys which are given with the assumption of pressing insert+spacebar, then o first.

Insert+spacebar then A, toggles the Text Analyzer.

Richard

To use JAWS OCR, JAWS key, then space bar, then a, choose the scanner and enter

From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@outlook.com]
Date: Sunday, August 15, 2021, 5:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
You have to do Jaws Key (insert) plus space bar, then o, then a.

O for OCR, then A for acquire.

Or press insert+spacebar, then O then question armk to get a list of the
keys which are given with the assumption of pressing insert+spacebar,
then o first.

Insert+spacebar then A, toggles the Text Analyzer.

Richard

Softwaremeans never having to say you're finished

To use JAWS OCR, JAWS key, then space bar, then a, choose the scanner
and enter

Some time back, someone posted how to scan with jaws. It’s been a while
and I forgot how. I did it before and really need to try it again. Did
we use Freedom Scientific’s import printer? Or did I dream it up?
Anyway, Open Book isn’t scanning well, and I need accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Life in Six Dots

Hi Mario,

The scanner needs to have a TWAIN Driver. But having said that, I have a
Plustek A320L that is TWAIN Compatible but it does not work with Convenient
OCR.

Paul

To use JAWS OCR, JAWS key, then space bar, then a, choose the scanner
and enter

Some time back, someone posted how to scan with jaws. It's been a while
and I forgot how. I did it before and really need to try it again. Did
we use Freedom Scientific's import printer? Or did I dream it up?
Anyway, Open Book isn't scanning well, and I need accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Loy

Sometimes I will get this same message and I can shut down JAWS and restart
JAWS and the scanner will show.

To use JAWS OCR, JAWS key, then space bar, then a, choose the scanner
and enter

Some time back, someone posted how to scan with jaws. It's been a while
and I forgot how. I did it before and really need to try it again. Did
we use Freedom Scientific's import printer? Or did I dream it up?
Anyway, Open Book isn't scanning well, and I need accuracy.

Thanks for any help.

Shirley Tracy

Richard Turner

I just tested the command and it brought up the list of drivers, two for my Cannon LIDE 110 and 1 for my wife's Brother all-in-one on our home network. I pick the twain driver for my Cannon LIDE 110 and it works fine.

If the scanner isn't showing up, then a reboot should fix it.

Or, reach out to Tech support to see if there is a specific setting in Windows you need to do.

Richard