moderated saving images from the internet

Sabrina Markel

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

JM Casey

Hey.

You should tell us what browsery ou are using, assuming you want to take images from a website. That’s the most important detail for sucha  question.

However if youp lace your cursor on the image and activate the context menu, there will probably be a link there to save an image.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sabrina Markel
Sent: October 11, 2021 10:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: saving images from the internet

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Rick Mladek

Hi,

My only comment is for you to be cautious over Copyrights. If you use these on your website or to be somehow publicly used and viewed, where you took them from is basically Copyright infringement of which you can get into trouble and have to pay the owners of the site, financial gains. Write to the owner of the site, contact the company, and ask for permission to copy and use the images from their website. There are so many websites of images that are free to download and use.

Best of luck,

Rick

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 10:24 PM

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

Sent: October 11, 2021 7:24 PM

Sabrina Markel

The web site I’m looking at is:

www.astronautix.com.

The images are links, so I can enter on them and the image pops up

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: saving images from the internet

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

JM Casey

In that case, you can probably hit ctrl-s to save the full sized image.

Sent: October 12, 2021 12:57 PM

www.astronautix.com.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

I just tried this by going to that website and opening an article about Soyuz 1. At the end of the article is a Photo Gallery and I clicked on the first picture which is labelled "Soyuz 1 crash site". After the image opens I press Shift + F10 and the first open said "Open Image in New Tab" and the second was "Save Image As".

Sent: October 12, 2021 9:57 AM

www.astronautix.com.

Sorry, should maybe have mentioned that I was using Microsoft Edge as my browser.

Sent: October 12, 2021 9:57 AM

www.astronautix.com.