From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sabrina Markel
Sent: October 11, 2021 10:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: saving images from the internet

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Rick Mladek

Hi,

My only comment is for you to be cautious over Copyrights. If you use these on your website or to be somehow publicly used and viewed, where you took them from is basically Copyright infringement of which you can get into trouble and have to pay the owners of the site, financial gains. Write to the owner of the site, contact the company, and ask for permission to copy and use the images from their website. There are so many websites of images that are free to download and use.

Best of luck,

Rick

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Sabrina Markel

The web site I’m looking at is:

www.astronautix.com.

The images are links, so I can enter on them and the image pops up

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

JM Casey

In that case, you can probably hit ctrl-s to save the full sized image.

The images are links, so I can enter on them and the image pops up

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I just tried this by going to that website and opening an article about Soyuz 1. At the end of the article is a Photo Gallery and I clicked on the first picture which is labelled "Soyuz 1 crash site". After the image opens I press Shift + F10 and the first open said "Open Image in New Tab" and the second was "Save Image As".

The images are links, so I can enter on them and the image pops up

Are they just images on web pages? If so, can you give  one or two website addresses as examples?

Whether you can even save them depends on whether the website creator has allowed this, there are websites where you can't save images. If you can it can be sometimes hit and miss, but generally speaking you would have to be on the image, then press Shift + F10 and see if there is an option called "Save Picture".

I want to save some images from the internet but can't figure out how to save them on my windows 10 laptop with Jaws 2021.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Sorry, should maybe have mentioned that I was using Microsoft Edge as my browser.