moderated rotating screen (mine ended up sideways)

Barbara Black

Hi-

Periodically I mistakenly hit some combination of keystrokes that turns my screen sideways (landscape).  When I searched for keystroke to change it to portrait, what I got was alt-ctrl-arrow – but the problem is that is a JAWS command for tables and  when I do it, JAWS keeps telling me that I am not in a table (which I obviously know.

Any suggestions? Having a sideways screen is a problem  when I am on a Zoom and also when I ask someone to help me with something on my computer.

Thanks,

Barbara

Bill White

Hi, Barbara. Before attempting to press ALT plus CONTROL plus Up Arrow, try pressing the "passthrough" command in JAWS, which is JAWS key plus three on the numbers row, not the NumPad. Then after pressing the passthrough command, then try ALT plus CONTROL plus Up Arrow, and see if your screen rotates right-side up.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Periodically I mistakenly hit some combination of keystrokes that turns my screen sideways (landscape).  When I searched for keystroke to change it to portrait, what I got was alt-ctrl-arrow – but the problem is that is a JAWS command for tables and  when I do it, JAWS keeps telling me that I am not in a table (which I obviously know.

Any suggestions? Having a sideways screen is a problem  when I am on a Zoom and also when I ask someone to help me with something on my computer.

Thanks,

Barbara

JM Casey

Heya.

You can press jaws key + 3 to pass the next key through to whatever application. This will make jaws ignore whatever you type net.

That said, what kind of device are you using? Usually on a pC monitor, landscape is what you want; portrait is mostly for mobile devices.

Periodically I mistakenly hit some combination of keystrokes that turns my screen sideways (landscape).  When I searched for keystroke to change it to portrait, what I got was alt-ctrl-arrow – but the problem is that is a JAWS command for tables and  when I do it, JAWS keeps telling me that I am not in a table (which I obviously know.

Any suggestions? Having a sideways screen is a problem  when I am on a Zoom and also when I ask someone to help me with something on my computer.

Thanks,

Barbara

Barbara Black

Thanks – I always forget about the pass through keystroke

I did it and now will have the next person who walks in my door look at it and see if I am still sideways!

Barbara

[...]

Chris

You should be able to rotate the screen from the graphics options context menu on the desktop

Periodically I mistakenly hit some combination of keystrokes that turns my screen sideways (landscape).  When I searched for keystroke to change it to portrait, what I got was alt-ctrl-arrow – but the problem is that is a JAWS command for tables and  when I do it, JAWS keeps telling me that I am not in a table (which I obviously know.

Any suggestions? Having a sideways screen is a problem  when I am on a Zoom and also when I ask someone to help me with something on my computer.

Thanks,

Barbara

Bill White

Hi again, Barbara. Since ALT plus CONTROL plus Up Arrow is not a toggle command, it should always turn your screen right side up. If the screen is already right side up, ALT plus CONTROL plus Up Arrow won't change your screen at all.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

All set – thanks all

Barbara

[...]

David Diamond

Well, when turning the video on in Zoom somehow the picture ended up sideways and JAWS was no help.  At least with Barbera’s problem JAWS does read out “Landscape” or “Portrait”

[...]

Hi, David. Are you saying that in Zoom, your screen was sideways, or are you saying that the picture from your camera was sideways? If you are saying that the screen was sideways, you can click landscape or portrait if you are signed in with a free Zoom account. When you start Zoom, TAB three times, and it will say your name. Then,as you arrow up, it will say the following,

Buy a License
Sign Out
Switch Account
Switch to Portrait View

Of course, if you are already in portrait view, it will say

Switch to Landscape View

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

The built in camera somehow was shooting sideways as in I was sitting on the couch but, it made it look like everything was on its side. Sighted assistance fixed that problem.  Apparently it gave the sighted participants a good laugh.