moderated Right alignment

Marianne Denning

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

David Griffith

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly then one way to do this is to create a 2 column table in Word stretching across the whole width of the page, assuming that this  is the word processor that you are using.

You may want to check the properties of the table to make sure that grid lines of the table are not visible.

This will enable you to position  an address or any text on the right side of a page and you can have this text in this column either left or right aligned.

Provided you have the table grid line invisible this provides a neat layout.

I have used this method in the past to place my own address details in column 1, left aligned, and the address I am sending to in the second column right aligned. I am told this looks professional.

David G

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 23 February 2021 22:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Right alignment

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Marianne,
You want to select the lines you want aligned to the left first, and then do control L
and then you can do the same with the right and control R.
Or you can do the entire document one way first by selecting all with control A and then specific lines you can select and move as described above.
HTH.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:29 PM

Marty Hutchings

I don’t know if this still works, but it did when I could still see.  Type the address then select all of it by hitting Shift + Down Arrow once for each line of the address.  Then press Tab and the whole address should move across the page as you keep pressing the Tab Key until it bumps against the Right margin.  If you go to far, new lines will appear.  Just press Shift Tab until the original number of lines in your address are present.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:29 PM

Van Lant, Robin

Marianne,

The easiest way is the method that’s been mentioned a couple  times where you select the lines you want and hit tab.   You could also set the indent under paragraph settings, but I think this is more cumbersome of a process than just tabbing for a one off document.   You said you’d used tab, but if you select all the lines first, that will at least save you the time of tabbing each line individually.   And if  you know you’ll write a letter again, you can certainly do this once, then just save the document so you can open it again next time you need a letter with yoru address.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:30 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.