From: Marianne Denning
Sent: 23 February 2021 22:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Right alignment

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Marianne,
You want to select the lines you want aligned to the left first, and then do control L
and then you can do the same with the right and control R.
Or you can do the entire document one way first by selecting all with control A and then specific lines you can select and move as described above.
HTH.
Glenn

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

Marty Hutchings

I don’t know if this still works, but it did when I could still see.  Type the address then select all of it by hitting Shift + Down Arrow once for each line of the address.  Then press Tab and the whole address should move across the page as you keep pressing the Tab Key until it bumps against the Right margin.  If you go to far, new lines will appear.  Just press Shift Tab until the original number of lines in your address are present.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:29 PM

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

Van Lant, Robin

Marianne,

The easiest way is the method that’s been mentioned a couple  times where you select the lines you want and hit tab.   You could also set the indent under paragraph settings, but I think this is more cumbersome of a process than just tabbing for a one off document.   You said you’d used tab, but if you select all the lines first, that will at least save you the time of tabbing each line individually.   And if  you know you’ll write a letter again, you can certainly do this once, then just save the document so you can open it again next time you need a letter with yoru address.

I was working on a business letter and I needed to right align my address. When I use ctrl R to right align each line aligns to the right margin but I want them to align at the left edge of the address. Is there a way to easily to this? I tabbed a certain number of times each line and that works but I hope there is an easier way.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114