Topics

moderated Request email id for contacting Vispero

Sameer

Dear List Members,

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime" which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi, You can reach out to Vispero via email at: support@vispero.com.
Thanks, and I hope that helps,
Jessica

On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:43 AM, Sameer <salatey@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear List Members,

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime" which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

From the JAWS Support Page:

Freedom Scientific offers free technical support to its US customers by calling 727-803-8600 weekdays between 8:30 AM and 7:00 PM EST, or by sending email to support@.... International customers are supported by their local dealer or distributor. Use our dealer locator to find the dealer serving your area.

           ~ André Gide

Van Lant, Robin

It may be that you need a JAWS script. I was just listening to a FS-cast this morning where the moderator was mentioning a company that does scripting for just this kind of thing.

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime" which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Adrian Spratt

Hi. Others have given you Vispero's contact information. I'd like to suggest that you continue urging Tally to conform its software to accessibility standards. Vispero can't possibly keep up with every application that presents accessibility problems. The burden is really on the company's programmers and web designers to ensure their product meets these standards.

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime"
which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

Cohn, Jonathan

Well, it is very hard to tell from the original notes, but if this application is not providing any data to JAWS in standard mode or with touch cursor (press shift-numpad plus) or JAWS cursor. then scripts from Freedom Scientific will not do much good. Unless there are millions of users of this tool, or  if the developer pays for the development of scripts.  Developing scripts for a new complex application can take 100's hours, one essentially has to reverse engineer the way the application talks to Windows and then create new interactions. Not to mention, if the application does not work well with a screen reader than it probably does not work well with other access technologies.
** More details below if interested **
JAWS uses Microsoft Accessibility API like MSAA and UIA to interpret what the application puts on the screen. If the development environment used by the developer does not support or poorly supports these protocols, or if the vendor creates their own widgets without providing support for these API, or if the program locks out accessibility programs from communicating with it then there is little to nothing that a AT vendor can do.
JAWS scripts are great for making lists that can be seen with API, but are not navigated intuitively be able to be navigated with arrow keys, or with adding ways to jump to a part of the user interface, but if the vendor is expecting that JAWS will talk to the program with a "com" interface and have its own proprietary way of user interface specifically designed for the blind, that would be hard to develop and harder to maintain.