Topics

moderated Request email id for contacting Vispero

Sameer

Dear List Members,

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime" which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

Thanking you all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi, You can reach out to Vispero via email at: support@vispero.com.
Thanks, and I hope that helps,
Jessica

On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:43 AM, Sameer <salatey@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear List Members,

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime" which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

So, I request the email id for contacting Vispero to seek their assistance in making Tally Prime accessible with JAWS.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

From the JAWS Support Page:

Freedom Scientific offers free technical support to its US customers by calling 727-803-8600 weekdays between 8:30 AM and 7:00 PM EST, or by sending email to support@.... International customers are supported by their local dealer or distributor. Use our dealer locator to find the dealer serving your area.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Van Lant, Robin

It may be that you need a JAWS script. I was just listening to a FS-cast this morning where the moderator was mentioning a company that does scripting for just this kind of thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:46 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Request email id for contacting Vispero

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi, You can reach out to Vispero via email at: support@vispero.com.
Thanks, and I hope that helps,
Jessica
On Jan 26, 2021, at 9:43 AM, Sameer <salatey@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear List Members,

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Adrian Spratt

Hi. Others have given you Vispero's contact information. I'd like to suggest that you continue urging Tally to conform its software to accessibility standards. Vispero can't possibly keep up with every application that presents accessibility problems. The burden is really on the company's programmers and web designers to ensure their product meets these standards.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sameer
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:43 AM
To: JFW Users <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Request email id for contacting Vispero

Dear List Members,

I use an accounting software named "Tally" as part of my job. In November 2020, Tally released an upgraded version named "Tally Prime"
which is completely inaccessible with JAWS. I had communicated to the Tally developers about the inaccessibility of their new version but they have asked me to ask the screenreader developers to make their product accessible.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey

Cohn, Jonathan

Well, it is very hard to tell from the original notes, but if this application is not providing any data to JAWS in standard mode or with touch cursor (press shift-numpad plus) or JAWS cursor. then scripts from Freedom Scientific will not do much good. Unless there are millions of users of this tool, or  if the developer pays for the development of scripts.  Developing scripts for a new complex application can take 100's hours, one essentially has to reverse engineer the way the application talks to Windows and then create new interactions. Not to mention, if the application does not work well with a screen reader than it probably does not work well with other access technologies.
** More details below if interested **   
JAWS uses Microsoft Accessibility API like MSAA and UIA to interpret what the application puts on the screen. If the development environment used by the developer does not support or poorly supports these protocols, or if the vendor creates their own widgets without providing support for these API, or if the program locks out accessibility programs from communicating with it then there is little to nothing that a AT vendor can do.
JAWS scripts are great for making lists that can be seen with API, but are not navigated intuitively be able to be navigated with arrow keys, or with adding ways to jump to a part of the user interface, but if the vendor is expecting that JAWS will talk to the program with a "com" interface and have its own proprietary way of user interface specifically designed for the blind, that would be hard to develop and harder to maintain.