Topics

moderated reproducing a problem

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm working with Freedom Scientific to try and fix my Jaws (Jaws stopping
speaking after reading a few Outlook addresses/contacts and Edge favourites),
but they want to know the steps that I'd take to reproduce the problem, how on
Earth do you reproduce a problem? Please help, as I've never had to do this
before. Also, as a side-note, if you've not done so already if you're
experiencing this same issue please report it to Freedom Scientific, well
they're hopefully going to be able to fix it for me, I don't just want it fixed
for me, I want it included in the next update so that everyone who's having this
issue can get it fixed. Thank you,
Madison

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I'm working with Freedom Scientific to try and fix my Jaws (Jaws stopping
speaking after reading a few Outlook addresses/contacts and Edge favourites),
but they want to know the steps that I'd take to reproduce the problem, how on
Earth do you reproduce a problem? Please help, as I've never had to do this
before. Also, as a side-note, if you've not done so already if you're
experiencing this same issue please report it to Freedom Scientific, well
they're hopefully going to be able to fix it for me, I don't just want it fixed
for me, I want it included in the next update so that everyone who's having this
issue can get it fixed. Thank you, Madison

HI Madison,'
The following advice is applicable to any software product (not just JAWS):
When Vispero or anyone asks for steps to reproduce something, they usually
mean what you want, what you are actually seeing, and details in between.
The key thing to note is being as detailed as much as possible, using what
you remember and notes you wrote down.
Try:
1. Write down what you want JAWS to do. You want to be very specific.
2. Write down what is actually happening. Be sure to provide specific
details if possible. These two things will help you stay on track when
reporting the issue.
3. For each step, write down what you did and how JAWS responded, including
commands you performed (including keystrokes if any), close to what JAWS
says, and any behavior you have noticed. Be sure to be very detailed here,
otherwise tech support will have a harder time reconstructing your scenario.
4. Be sure to note down other details such as JAWS version, version of the
app you are using, etc.
Package all your notes in an email or other format that Vispero can read and
send them your notes. I'm saying all this to emphasize the need to be
detailed in reporting issues.
Cheers,
Joseph

I'm working with Freedom Scientific to try and fix my Jaws (Jaws stopping
speaking after reading a few Outlook addresses/contacts and Edge
favourites), but they want to know the steps that I'd take to reproduce the
problem, how on Earth do you reproduce a problem? Please help, as I've never
had to do this before. Also, as a side-note, if you've not done so already
if you're experiencing this same issue please report it to Freedom
Scientific, well they're hopefully going to be able to fix it for me, I
don't just want it fixed for me, I want it included in the next update so
that everyone who's having this issue can get it fixed. Thank you, Madison

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

What they mean by reproducing a problem is to do the steps one by one that
end up in that problem and tell them what these steps were. They are the
ones who want to reproduce your problem by following the same steps you did.

Ron & Danvers