From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kylee@...
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 7:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Reply to Sender Only

Hi all

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Well, if the list happens to be hosted by Groups.io you can use the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message to send a private reply (which will be given the subject of Private colon followed by the topic title).  Activating it should fire up a compose window in your default email client.

           ~ André Gide

Richard Turner

Control+r just replies to the group unless the group happens to be set to reply to sender, which very few groups I’ve ever belonged to were set that way.

As Brian says in another message, if it is a group with groups.io, at the bottom of every message is a link to reply to sender, rather than the group.

Otherwise it is a lot of fiddling with the from or reply fields to figure out the person’s direct email.

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

kylee@...

Hi all

There used to be a JAWS keystroke which allowed you to do it. I've never seen a reply to sender link at the end of emails, though I've look for it. There is a 'reply to group' but not 'reply to sender'. I wish there was.

Cheers

Kylee

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

kylee@...

Hi there

I did find a 'reply to sender' link at the end of some emails but it doesn't occur universally.

Cheers

Kylee

Well, if the list happens to be hosted by Groups.io you can use the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message to send a private reply (which will be given the subject of Private colon followed by the topic title).  Activating it should fire up a compose window in your default email client.

           ~ André Gide

James Malone

Hi, it’s just control plus R. If you reply to everyone, it’s control plus Shift R.

James

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Richard Turner

I just hit control+r, and as I said, that goes to the group, not the individual.

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

Hi, it’s just control plus R. If you reply to everyone, it’s control plus Shift R.

James

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Tom Behler

Shift insert R often also works for me, although I couldn’t get to work in response to Kylee’s original message.

Tom Behler

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Mario

but there is a Reply To Sender link right under the Reply To Group link in this group's sig. but I've always used control+r since I use Thunderbird. I think it's similar if not the same if I were to use Outlook or any other email client.

Control+r just replies to the group unless the group happens to be set
to reply to sender, which very few groups I’ve ever belonged to were set
that way.

As Brian says in another message, if it is a group with groups.io, at
the bottom of every message is a link to reply to sender, rather than
the group.

Otherwise it is a lot of fiddling with the from or reply fields to
figure out the person’s direct email.

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but
what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com <http://www.turner42.com>

Would someone please refresh my memory of the JAWS keystroke to reply to
a list sender only instead of the list. One of the lists to which I
belong is somewhat strict about replying off-list when acknowledging
emails (to which I happen to agree) but I can't find the relevant keystroke.

TIA

Kylee

Mike B

Hi Kylee,

Try the, Insert, shift + R, keystroke, for replying to sender with the message open.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I did find a 'reply to sender' link at the end of some emails but it doesn't occur universally.

Cheers

Kylee

Well, if the list happens to be hosted by Groups.io you can use the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message to send a private reply (which will be given the subject of Private colon followed by the topic title).  Activating it should fire up a compose window in your default email client.

           ~ André Gide

kylee@...

Hi all

Thanks to Mike and Tom for providing the keystroke I was after. I belong to several Groups.io lists and I've only seen the 'reply to sender' link at the bottom of messages from this list.

Cheers

Kylee

Try the, Insert, shift + R, keystroke, for replying to sender with the message open.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I did find a 'reply to sender' link at the end of some emails but it doesn't occur universally.

Cheers

Kylee

Well, if the list happens to be hosted by Groups.io you can use the Reply to Sender link at the end of each message to send a private reply (which will be given the subject of Private colon followed by the topic title).  Activating it should fire up a compose window in your default email client.

           ~ André Gide

David Diamond

I was on a group where if you hit the "reply to sender" key, the message would go to the entire group instead of just one person. Sometimes the link "reply to sender" would be in the group message as it was supposed to, often though, it was not. Which ticked off a lot of people especially when the mod who was narcistic complained about private messages being posted to the group. .