moderated Remote Desktop

Don Mauck

Hi, I thought that when in Remote Desktop you could lock the input Window by using Control+Shift+ the Break key.

That is not obviously the correct key. I cannot find it in the Remote Access help section so I’m now asking nicely if anyone can help me out.

Abraham Sweiss

I am going from memory, I believe the key combination is
Ctrl plus Alta plus either break or page up.

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Don Mauck <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Hi, I thought that when in Remote Desktop you could lock the input Window by using Control+Shift+ the Break key.

That is not obviously the correct key. I cannot find it in the Remote Access help section so I’m now asking nicely if anyone can help me out.

Steve Nutt

It’s Control Alt Break.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

I am going from memory, I believe the key combination is

Ctrl plus Alta plus either break or page up.

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Don Mauck <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Hi, I thought that when in Remote Desktop you could lock the input Window by using Control+Shift+ the Break key.

That is not obviously the correct key. I cannot find it in the Remote Access help section so I’m now asking nicely if anyone can help me out.

Abraham Sweiss

OK, I had to access a remote desktop today and the keys aiuse to use don’t work. Were you ever able to figure out how to minimize the remote desktop screen?

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Abraham Sweiss <abrahamsweiss8@...> wrote:

I am going from memory, I believe the key combination is
Ctrl plus Alta plus either break or page up.

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Don Mauck <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Hi, I thought that when in Remote Desktop you could lock the input Window by using Control+Shift+ the Break key.

That is not obviously the correct key. I cannot find it in the Remote Access help section so I’m now asking nicely if anyone can help me out.

Steve Nutt

Are you talking about using Tandem, or Windows Remote Desktop?

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

OK, I had to access a remote desktop today and the keys aiuse to use don’t work. Were you ever able to figure out how to minimize the remote desktop screen?

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 3:48 PM, Abraham Sweiss <abrahamsweiss8@...> wrote:

I am going from memory, I believe the key combination is

Ctrl plus Alta plus either break or page up.

Thanks,abraham

On Oct 13, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Don Mauck <don.mauck@...> wrote:

Hi, I thought that when in Remote Desktop you could lock the input Window by using Control+Shift+ the Break key.

That is not obviously the correct key. I cannot find it in the Remote Access help section so I’m now asking nicely if anyone can help me out.

Abraham Sweiss

Windows remote desktop. However I figured out what the issue was. For some reason Jaws no longer speaks out when the window is minimized.

Thanks,abraham

[...]

It does for me.

I’m using JAWS 2022, and using Remote Desktop, it works fine.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close