Topics

moderated Remote Access Software

Brian Switzer

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

John Covici

I k know of nothing that will do what you want, I have been looking
for such a thing for years. If its just one site, you could install
Jaws, use your code and just have it not start at login or for that6
user.

On Sat, 16 May 2020 05:48:39 -0400,
Brian Switzer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Glenn / Lenny

For that matter, you could run NVDA on both machines and use that, it's free
and has less overhead for the memory than Jaws does.
Glenn.

Brian Switzer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I
know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen.
Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate
it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I
can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Glenn / Lenny

Also, there is Team Viewer.
I used to use it when it was at around version 9, but that was a couple
years ago, so I don't know if it is still accessible.
Glenn

Brian Switzer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I
know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen.
Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate
it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I
can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Mario

you failed to mention that the NVDA remote addon will be needed to be installed on both PCs.

Brian Switzer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I
know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen.
Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate
it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I
can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Gmail Jonas

Team Viewer will not work!

I used to use it when it was at around version 9, but that was a couple
years ago, so I don't know if it is still accessible.
Glenn

For that matter, you could run NVDA on both machines and use that, it's free
and has less overhead for the memory than Jaws does.
Glenn.

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know
most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is
there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it
with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can
also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Abraham Sweiss

RDP requires jaws on the remote computer.
Also the license for remote access for jaws needs to be purchased.

Thanks,abraham

On May 18, 2020, at 5:13 PM, Gmail Jonas <jonasvoll@...> wrote:

RDP!

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know
most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is
there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it
with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can
also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Yes, and it is not doable to have JAWS installed on the remote computer if you work for a large company, especially if you could be connected to a different server each time you connect based on load balancing.

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know
most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is
there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it
with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can
also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Abraham Sweiss

I work for a large corporation.
A Citrix farm with was created.
Only one license needs to be purchased for the client.
You can install as many jaws instances on as many remote servers as you want.
Another solution would be to create a dedicated server with jaws which only Jaws users will have access to.
The company I work for implemented both of the above solutions.

Thanks,abraham

On May 18, 2020, at 5:24 PM, Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND <pamela.a.ekstrand.-nd@...> wrote:

Yes, and it is not doable to have JAWS installed on the remote computer if you work for a large company, especially if you could be connected to a different server each time you connect based on load balancing.

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I know
most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen. Is
there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate it
with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I can
also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

James Homuth

Jumping in here because I've been experimenting. Does JAWS work this way
with Teamviewer as well? Or is it only for RDP/Citrix? RDP isn't available
on non-pro versions of Windows 10, and since it's someone's personal
machine, they won't be installing Citrix.

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

That's great that your company did that. I have not been able to get any company I have worked for to do that.

Brian Switzer wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS? I
know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's screen.
Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you can navigate
it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a program where I
can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Glenn / Lenny

I've used TeamViewer on another person's personal computer.
Glenn

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

James Homuth

I assume you still need the remote access add-on?

I've used TeamViewer on another person's personal computer.
Glenn

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Glenn / Lenny

Not with Team Viewer, the Jaws at the user end reads the window that's the
remote computer.
I could use it on a sighted person's computer.
Glenn

I assume you still need the remote access add-on?

I've used TeamViewer on another person's personal computer.
Glenn

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

James Homuth

I'm not following. So I can have someone log me into their computer that
doesn't have JAWS installed, load Teamviewer, connect to mine, and my
installed copy of JAWS would be heard on their machine?

I assume you still need the remote access add-on?

I've used TeamViewer on another person's personal computer.
Glenn

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

Glenn / Lenny

No, you would control their computer and Jaws would read to you the window,
that is their computer.
Glenn

I'm not following. So I can have someone log me into their computer that
doesn't have JAWS installed, load Teamviewer, connect to mine, and my
installed copy of JAWS would be heard on their machine?

I assume you still need the remote access add-on?

I've used TeamViewer on another person's personal computer.
Glenn

Is there a remote access software program that works well with JAWS?
I know most programs give you a video graphic of the other person's
screen. Is there a way to hear the other person's screen so that you
can navigate it with JAWS? I know JAWS Tandem does this, but I need a
program where I can also access the computer of someone without JAWS.

All the Best,
Brian Switzer

James Homuth

I'd be interested in seeing somewhere where that's demoed. Could be useful
later.