moderated receiving emails / reading first line

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2021. I know there is a setting in Jaws to turn off the alert when an email arrives in the inbox. I couldn’t find that setting. Where would it be located as I want to turn it off. Also when I go into an email, Jaws automatically reads the first line and then repeats it again. Is there a way to stop that from occurring? Thanks, Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. The setting to which you are referring is in Outlook Options>Mail.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 5:06 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: receiving emails / reading first line

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook 2016 and Jaws 2021. I know there is a setting in Jaws to turn off the alert when an email arrives in the inbox. I couldn’t find that setting. Where would it be located as I want to turn it off. Also when I go into an email, Jaws automatically reads the first line and then repeats it again. Is there a way to stop that from occurring? Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

Bill Thanks! That took care of the noise. Yet Jaws says new notification, what is on the subject line and the email it comes from. I couldn’t find anything in Outlook settings to stop that from happening. Cheers, Kevin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: receiving emails / reading first line

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. That's because it's not in Outlook Settings.

1. Go to Windows Settings (Windows key plus I).

2. Press ENTER on System.

3. TAB once, find the category called Notifications and Actions, and press ENTER.

4. Turn off notifications for Outlook. That will stop the notification from JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 6:10 PM

Bill Thanks! That took care of the noise. Yet Jaws says new notification, what is on the subject line and the email it comes from. I couldn’t find anything in Outlook settings to stop that from happening. Cheers, Kevin

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Kevin Minor

Hi.

If you’re using Windows 10, hit the Windows key to bring up where you can type something. Start typing notification, and it will be what you want to select.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 10:02 PM

Hi, Kevin. That's because it's not in Outlook Settings.

1. Go to Windows Settings (Windows key plus I).

2. Press ENTER on System.

3. TAB once, find the category called Notifications and Actions, and press ENTER.

4. Turn off notifications for Outlook. That will stop the notification from JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Monday, October 4, 2021 6:10 PM

Bill White

billwhite92701@...