Topics

moderated Re latest JAWS 2021 and office 365 queries

Cussons, M. (Mark)

HI List,

Greetings from SA.  Has any one experienced the following issues with JAWS 2021 and office 365, mainly using outlook.

When trying to compose a message, or arrow through my inbox, or use the address book, Jaws tends to freeze for no reason, and I have to wait a minute or so, or alt tab around for it to respond again.  This is running on my work laptop, with office 365, and the latest build of windows 10.

Also, some times when opening an email, it will only read table coordinates, and not the contents of the email.  Any advice will be highly appreciated.  So I’ve reverted back to JAWS 2020 for the meantime.

And JAWS appears to be very slow at times, not sure if its because of all the extra background and security policies running as well.

Warm Regards

Mark

********************
Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser
********************

Les Kriegler

Hi Mark,

I would suggest running a Jaws Repair and then if the problem persists, run a repair on Office 365. I would do an online repair of Office as it’s more thorough than a quick repair. It wil take longer, but no more than 30 minutes. Good luck.

Best,

Les

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Hi Mark,

I’m having somewhat similar problems with JAWS 2021, and I also end up reverting to 2020.

Regarding messages with tables, I suggest opening up a message, any message, and pressing JAWS key+v to open JAWS quick settings. Type “table” into the search field, and then arrow down through the options. Actually, I’ve just checked my notes of previous posts that have worked for me, and I’ll copy them here:

Bill white. Try opening Outlook. Press JAWS key plus V for Quick Settings. In the search box, type table detection

Uncheck this option, TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

See if this allows your email to be read correctly.

Another answer. If the detect tables does not work, another possibility is that layout tables are causing you grief so make sure they are turned off.

[...]

Hi Les,

Thanks a mil, but what else do you think I could do, as I don’t have admin rights to run an office repair etc.

Regards

Mark

[...]

HI Adrian,

Thanks a mil.  Yes, this sluggish behaviour is very annoying.  How do I turn off layer tables?

Thanks for your help, for regrettably I cannot run any repairs on office or JAWS, as I don’t have admin rights on my machine.  Only the JAWS install file is whitelisted for me to install when updates arrive.

[...]

I gave you directions in that same email on how to turn off tables in Outlook.

[...]

Ashleigh Piccinino

How do you do an office repair, just in case I need to do one/have help with it. I’m not doing anything untill I have a person who’s knolwedgeable about this stuff/can help with it.

[...]

Albert Cutolo

Good morning all,

I too, would also appreciate any and all steps that relate to performing a repair of Microsoft’s office 365.  I think that it would be most helpful, if any and all products of Microsoft,  could develop some sort of  utility that would perform a scan and clean up utility  that would scan computers for any errors before the user installs the application, or program. I would also recommend that a similar cleanup utility for Jaws, so that we users wouldn’t have to go through the process of performing a jaws repair.  Just my suggestion for what its worth.