moderated Quote and at signs getting interchanged

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

It sometimes happens on my keyboard that pressing shift +2 results in
the " mark being displayed. And pressing shift+apostrophe showcases
the at mark.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening, and what I can do
about it? I use Windows 10, Jaws 2021.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Edward Green

Hi,

It sounds as though your keyboard layout is changing - possibly between English US and English UK.

The hotkey to do this is alt+shift so easy to activate accidentally.

Cheers,

Ed

On 25 June 2021 14:07:51 "Rahul Bajaj" <rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:

Hi,

It sometimes happens on my keyboard that pressing shift +2 results in
the " mark being displayed. And pressing shift+apostrophe showcases
the at mark.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening, and what I can do
about it? I use Windows 10, Jaws 2021.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Mario

just a suggestion, I wonder if trying another keyboard would be prudent.

It sometimes happens on my keyboard that pressing shift +2 results in
the " mark being displayed. And pressing shift+apostrophe showcases
the at mark.

Can anyone think of why this might be happening, and what I can do
about it? I use Windows 10, Jaws 2021.

Warmly,
Rahul

Soronel Haetir

Mario,

If it's due to shifting keyboard layouts changing the physical
keyboard is unlikely to help.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com