Topics

Quick tip for Outlook, especially in using search

Van Lant, Robin

I learned a quick tip on a Microsoft Accessibility webinar recently and have found it most useful when using the Search function in Outlook.  Wanted to share to benefit others.  I thought we needed to use F6 and Shift F6 to move between areas of the outlook window.  While this is true for some aspects, a really helpful shortcut is to use Control Tab to cycle between the main three areas,  the listview (such as your inbox), the mail folders treeview and the navigation bar.  This is a lot easier  for my fingers and cuts out several areas I don’t use.  Where this is most helpful is when using Control E to Search my messages or calendar.  Once I type the search term, I press Control Tab twice quickly to get to the listview to see my results.   Been working beautifully.

Using Outlook 365, but I get the pmpression tis is standard in all versions.

Robin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Richard Turner

One variation on this tip.  If you want to jump right to the search results, press shift+tab.

HTH,

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper