moderated quick file conversion question

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.

I am making a Christmas compact disc to send to family and friends.

I had a playlist in iTunes. Then I downloaded it on my PC.

Now the files are in m4p files. I need to conver them into Mp3 to be able to burn the compact disc.

Does anyone know of an easy program to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

NFB Lab 4

Hi there,
If you have the playlist in iTunes, go to the file menu when the playlist is in focus and choose to burn disk. iTunes an easy way of burning a playlist.

Thom

On Nov 28, 2021, at 4:31 PM, Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question.

I am making a Christmas compact disc to send to family and friends.

I had a playlist in iTunes. Then I downloaded it on my PC.

Now the files are in m4p files. I need to conver them into Mp3 to be able to burn the compact disc.

Does anyone know of an easy program to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Bill White

Hi, Jeff. As Tom says, you can burn your files to disc using iTunes, but I don't know if someone else can play them. m4p files are protected. That's what the p in m4p stands for, Protected.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I am making a Christmas compact disc to send to family and friends.

I had a playlist in iTunes. Then I downloaded it on my PC.

Now the files are in m4p files. I need to conver them into Mp3 to be able to burn the compact disc.

Does anyone know of an easy program to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

JM Casey

I believe it can be done, but apple’s not gonna make it easy for you to convert the files to an open/accessible format like mp3. Those files are suppsoed to be protected. I’ve seen a couple of pages that show you ways to do this but they all involve some ridiculous steps that seem excessive/time-consuming/overly complicated.

What I would do is either: simplyb urn an udio cd, if you can, or, maybe, play the songs througha nd use a programme to capture the output. Ou could do this with most any digital audio editor. You might lose some quality when converting to mp3, but should be fairly reasonable so long as you use a high bitrate like 320.

I am making a Christmas compact disc to send to family and friends.

I had a playlist in iTunes. Then I downloaded it on my PC.

Now the files are in m4p files. I need to conver them into Mp3 to be able to burn the compact disc.

Does anyone know of an easy program to do this?

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Actually you can convert M4A to MP3 and they are not protected.

Just use NCH Switch.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Yes, but they're not m4a, they're m4p, which ARE protected.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

I think that you can rename the .m4b to .m4a in file manager.

Thom

[...]

Ah, sorry my bad.

All the best

Steve