moderated Quick Favor: Can someone let me know where the JAWS Dictionary or Dictionaries are stored?

I don't have JAWS on this machine, so doing a quick search for the JDF files isn't possible, and I won't be near a machine with JAWS on it at all today.

If someone can identify the folder where JAWS keeps these files I'd be most appreciative.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Cohn, Jonathan

The personal dictionaries are in the "my settings" folder. In Windows 10 press the start button and find JAWS Utilities for you your version of JAWS, in this will be both a alias for My Settings and for Global Settings.

Alternatively one can find personal settings at:
%appdata%\FreedomScientific\jaws\2021\settings\enu
Where 2021 is the JAWS version. I believe the "JDF" files are the dictionary files and one can open them in a standard text editor.
Cheer!

Jonathan Cohn

On Mar 3, 2021, at 11:22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I don't have JAWS on this machine, so doing a quick search for the JDF files isn't possible, and I won't be near a machine with JAWS on it at all today.

If someone can identify the folder where JAWS keeps these files I'd be most appreciative.
--

One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.

~ André Gide

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

One place is:

C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2021\SETTINGS\enu

You may find them in a couple of places.

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 3, 2021 8:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Quick Favor: Can someone let me know where the JAWS Dictionary or Dictionaries are stored?

The personal dictionaries are in the "my settings" folder. In Windows 10 press the start button and find JAWS Utilities for you your version of JAWS, in this will be both a alias for My Settings and for Global Settings.

Alternatively one can find personal settings at:

%appdata%\FreedomScientific\jaws\2021\settings\enu

Where 2021 is the JAWS version. I believe the "JDF" files are the dictionary files and one can open them in a standard text editor.

Cheer!

Jonathan Cohn

On Mar 3, 2021, at 11:22, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

--

~ André Gide