Topics

moderated Question regarding jaws SMA

Blind Gamer

Hi I have one question
If we didn't renew jaws sma then how much price for upgrade
Thanks

Gerald Levy

You can purchase a one year license for JAWS 2020 for $90.

Gerald

On 2/14/2020 9:36 AM, Blind Gamer wrote:

Hi I have one question
If we didn't renew jaws sma then how much price for upgrade
Thanks

That depends on how far behind you are.

If you are on Jaws 2019 and just didn’t have an SMA to upgrade to Jaws 2020 you should be able to buy a new SMA at whatever the price is and it will give you Jaws 2020 and Jaws 2021 this fall.

If you are still on Jaws 2018 you should be able to buy a new SMA and this would entitle you to upgrade to Jaws 2019 and Jaws 2020, of course there is no need to actually install Jaws 2019, you would go straight to Jaws 2020, but at that point your SMA is once again used up and if you want Jaws 2021 this fall you would need to buy another SMA either right away or at the latest by October.

If you are on anything prior to Jaws 2018 like Jaws 18 or even 17, you would have to immediately buy 2 SMA’s to even get Jaws 2020.

Alternatively, if you live in the US you can switch to the Jaws subscription model which is I believe $90 a year, this would entitle you to upgrade right away to Jaws 2020 no matter what version you are on, then you continue to pay $90 each year and this will always entitle you to install and use the latest update.

Having said all this I would highly recommend you speak to Vispero directly at 1-727-803-8600, let them look up your account via the Jaws serial number you have and ask what your options are.

They do also have a toll free number, but I don’t currently have it handy.

Best regards,

Sieghard

From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Friday, February 14, 2020, 11:58 AM
The price for an SMA last time was $60. So less expensive to maintain
that than go to the $90 subscription unless you are several versions out
of date.
Too bad the subscription model is just for those of us in the US.

Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with
it."
-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by
Jane Wagner

[...]

**

If we didn't renew jaws sma then how much price for upgrade
Thanks

Glenn / Lenny

That may indeed be correct, but it is not fair if true.
If someone decides to live without the latest and greatest for a year, they should be able to get a new jaws for the same price as a new user.
So if they changed their name and address, they can get it for less?
That's wrong.
Glenn