moderated Question regarding either of these options.

Albert Cutolo

Good afternoon everyone,

Does windows ten, have a utility built into it that will automatically do both a disk defrag, and a disk cleanup on a weekly schedule, or do you have too do it yourself?  If not, which one do you have too do first.  In other words, should I do a disk  defrag first, and then do a disk cleanup second

Thanks in advance,

Al   ? Which one comes first.

Bill White

Hi, Albert. As far as I know, these maintenance procedures must be done manually, unless you schedule them through the task scheduler. If it were me, I would do the disk cleanup, which would delete any unneeded files before defragging. This would result in a tighter defrag. I have also heard that it is unnecessary, and sometimes detrimental to perform a defrag on a SSD drive.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...