Sent: Monday, December 13, 2021 12:00 PM
Subject: Question on how can i retrieve an email address?

Good afternoon everyone,

Is there anyway that I can read an email address?  I’ve tried doing this using the alt key number 1 while in an open message, but I’m not able too arrow through the address Caracter by Caracter, for me too copy it down in braille, so this is why I’m asking. He is someone   who is a volunteer reader, that I’d like too send an  electronic  gift card too for Christmas, as a thank you for taking time out   of his work             schedule    too reading my mail.

Chris Hill

Have Jaws read the info you want and then use
Insert plus space bar then h will get you into speech history.

CH

On 12/13/2021 12:00, Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

Is there anyway that I can read an email address?  I’ve tried doing this using the alt key number 1 while in an open message, but I’m not able too arrow through the address Caracter by Caracter, for me too copy it down in braille, so this is why I’m asking. He is someone   who is a volunteer reader, that I’d like too send an  electronic  gift card too for Christmas, as a thank you for taking time out   of his work             schedule    too reading my mail.

Ashleigh Piccinino

Sent from Ashleigh's Fire What if, for example, the speech history doesn't have the email address, though? I wouldn't think you would want tons and tons of drafts in your drafts folder, just to view email addresses but not sending you messages or forward any. I am also asking this question,

On December 13, 2021, at 12:09 PM, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

Have Jaws read the info you want and then use
Insert plus space bar then h will get you into speech history.

CH

On 12/13/2021 12:00, Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

Is there anyway that I can read an email address?  I’ve tried doing this using the alt key number 1 while in an open message, but I’m not able too arrow through the address Caracter by Caracter, for me too copy it down in braille, so this is why I’m asking. He is someone   who is a volunteer reader, that I’d like too send an  electronic  gift card too for Christmas, as a thank you for taking time out   of his work             schedule    too reading my mail.

Sharon S

Hi, if you forward a message to get the email address of someone then once you have done what you want to do with the address you just escape from the forwarded message and when it asks if you want to save say no. This way no draft will be saved.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

[...]

Steve Nutt

I usually press Alt 1, then Insert Space then H, and I’m in Speech History, with the top line being the Email address. Then you can read it char by char.

What would be nice would be if you are in the Email field of outlook it would read it char by char, but it doesn’t. Then, you could press Alt 1 twice to get into the field, and read it char by char.

Maybe a suggestion for improvement FS?

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

[...]

Al Sorrentino

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank all of you for this simple way of retrieving a sender’s e-mail.  I knew about the Alt plus 1, 2, 3, etc., but I did not know about the history function using insert and the letter H.  It sure is a fool proof way of getting senders correct e-mail.  You can also use the copy and paste function to really have the sender’s e-mail correct.

Thank you for this GREAT tip!!!

Al Sorrentino