From: Madison Martin
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2022 8:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: question about updating Jaws

Hi all,
Once you update to a new version of Jaws do all previous versions that are
installed on your computer get removed automatically or do you have to uninstall
them yourself? I ask because I'm updated my old laptop to Windows 10 and even
though I use Jaws 2021 on that computer I saw that there was Jaws 2013, 2015 and
2018 still installed and I uninstalled them I'm wondering if I should check this
laptop for any old versions that might still be on it.. Hope someone can help me
as I'd really like to know.
Madison

Larry Wayland

You have to uninstall them. However, it doesn't really hurt to leave them on
your computer. If you leave them on the computer they do use up hard drive
space. I Usually leave two or three old copies on my hard drive. Don't
really know why.
Larry

Once you update to a new version of Jaws do all previous versions that are
installed on your computer get removed automatically or do you have to
uninstall them yourself? I ask because I'm updated my old laptop to Windows
10 and even though I use Jaws 2021 on that computer I saw that there was
Jaws 2013, 2015 and
2018 still installed and I uninstalled them I'm wondering if I should check
this laptop for any old versions that might still be on it.. Hope someone
can help me as I'd really like to know.
Madison

Steve Nutt

No, they don't get removed automatically. This is the only thing I don't
like about JAWS. I wish they would give you an option to uninstall the
previous versions first, then you wouldn't get shared components left all
over your machine.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
Once you update to a new version of Jaws do all previous versions that are
installed on your computer get removed automatically or do you have to
uninstall them yourself? I ask because I'm updated my old laptop to Windows
10 and even though I use Jaws 2021 on that computer I saw that there was
Jaws 2013, 2015 and
2018 still installed and I uninstalled them I'm wondering if I should check
this laptop for any old versions that might still be on it.. Hope someone
can help me as I'd really like to know.
Madison

Mike Pietruk

Madison

Unless there is a space concern, leaving old versions on a pc is fine --
and some people do it intentionally as they find the old versions may
prove useful at some point such as running a specific script that
otherwise could potentially mess up some of their generally used JFW
settings.
So, personally, I have 2020, 2021 and the current 2022 on my pcs and
occasionally return to them. I have icons for each version of JFW as
shortcuts on my desktop so that I can get at them if desired with 2022
botting up with the pcs.