moderated question about uninstalling Jaws

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Is it possible to uninstall a specific version of Jaws without uninstalling the
whole program? I ask because I discovered that I still have Jaws 2013 on my old
laptop but yet when I use it it's 2021 that I'm using. If this is possible then
how do I do this? Thanks for any help anyone can provide me!
Madison

Tony Schnurr

Madison,
You should just be able to go into add and remove programs and select the older version of jaws for removal.
Note, there is one very important step to remember during the uninstall process. When when prompted whether or not you wish to remove shared components; select know. In this way any components that are shared between versions of jaws will remain. The only time you should remove shared components is when you’re trying to completely clean jaws off of a system.
Regards.
Tony

On Mar 2, 2022, at 10:20, Madison Martin <Madison.Martin2000@...> wrote:

Hi all,
Is it possible to uninstall a specific version of Jaws without uninstalling the
whole program? I ask because I discovered that I still have Jaws 2013 on my old
laptop but yet when I use it it's 2021 that I'm using. If this is possible then
how do I do this? Thanks for any help anyone can provide me!
Madison

Steve Nutt

Yep, if it still exists in Apps And Features, just uninstall in the usual
way, but say No to removing shared components, otherwise you may end up
having to repair your newer version of JAWS.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@...
Is it possible to uninstall a specific version of Jaws without uninstalling
the whole program? I ask because I discovered that I still have Jaws 2013 on
my old laptop but yet when I use it it's 2021 that I'm using. If this is
possible then how do I do this? Thanks for any help anyone can provide me!
Madison

Dan Longmore

Hi,
Yes, you can uninstall prior versions. Make sure you do not uninstall
"shared components" when prompted. IF you remove these shared components
JAWS, current version, and any other Freedom products will not function.

Dan

Is it possible to uninstall a specific version of Jaws without uninstalling
the whole program? I ask because I discovered that I still have Jaws 2013 on
my old laptop but yet when I use it it's 2021 that I'm using. If this is
possible then how do I do this? Thanks for any help anyone can provide me!
Madison

Steve Nutt

Or do what I do, uninstall shared components as well, then reinstall JAWS.
Just save your settings folder.

I hate leaving shared components for several versions of JAWS on my system.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close