moderated question about importing with Gmail

CathyAnne Murtha

You can export your contacts from Outlook and import them into Gmail.

To export your contacts:

  1. Open Outlook backstage (ALT-F)
  2. Navigate down to “Open & Export”
  3. Navigate with TAB to the Import/Export button
  4. A small wizard opens through which you can export your Contacts
  5. Follow the wizard screens and export your Contacts to a file with “comma separated values”
  6. Save the file to your computer and note the location, you’ll need it to import the Contacts to Gmail

After exporting your contacts, visit Gmail on the web.

  1. Open the JAWS for Windows button list (CTRL-JAWS KEY-B)
  2. Select and activate the “Google Apps” button
  3. Focus is placed on the Google Apps button, press SPACEBAR to open a drop-down list
  4. Select and activate “Contacts”
  5. Open the JAWS for Windows button list
  6. Select and activate “Import”
  7. Focus is placed on the Import button
  8. Press SPACEBAR to activate it

The Import dialog opens. Navigate to the “Select file” button and activate it. The Windows open file dialog opens.

Navigate the dialog to the Outlook Contacts file. And activate the Open button. Focus returns to the small Import dialog. ‘Activate the “Import” button to import your Outlook Contacts.

Close the Contacts tab to return to Gmail.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...