moderated question about importing with gmail

Madison Martin

Hi all,
In settings for gmail I see there's a way to import mail and contacts, my
question is, is there a way for me to pick what gets imported? If so, how do I
do this? I only want to import my contacts as I already moved all of my old
messages over. I'm using the latest versions of Jaws, Edge, Windows 10 and
Office 365. Thanks for any help anyone can provide me!!!!
Madison

Contacts is completely separate from email messages, presuming you're using the import function in the contacts app.

And what gets imported is either all contacts (most cases) if you're not doing any pre-filtering, or the contents of a contacts file you've exported and tweaked.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Madison Martin

So there’s no way for me to just ask gmail to just import my contacts?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 02:36 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
So there’s no way for me to just ask gmail to just import my contacts?
-
Since they are completely separate from e-mail messages, yes, there is.

I do not know where/when you are attempting to do this import, which clouds the issue.  Also, where you're importing them from.

Additional details are needed.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Madison Martin

I want to import them from my other Outlook account. I’m doing it on the same computer using the gmail website, but I know what I do on there effects/changes my account within Outlook. I’m doing it within settings after I log into my gmail account on the web. My contacts are in Contacts within Outlook.