Topics

moderated question about gmail

Amir Shah

Hi good day all. I have question about Gmail.

My question is when I open my email it is backwards. I mean that it does not show me my new messages  my new message is all the way to the bottom. So how do I change that. Thank you for any advice.

Are you reading your Gmail in their webmail interface or an e-mail client like Thunderbird or Outlook?
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Amir Shah

I am reading it in outlook

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 2:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: question about gmail

Are you reading your Gmail in their webmail interface or an e-mail client like Thunderbird or Outlook?
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Milton Ota

If you are using Microsoft 365, press your alt key, tab to view, press space bar, arrow down to arrange by and you will see your options there.

It helps if you had said what e-mail client you are using with gmail or whether you are accessing gmail via the web.

Milton

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Amir Shah
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: question about gmail

My question is when I open my email it is backwards. I mean that it does not show me my new messages  my new message is all the way to the bottom. So how do I change that. Thank you for any advice.

My guess is that you've accidentally flipped the sort on the Received column.  You can sort your messages based on any one of the column headers (e.g., Subject, From, etc.)   The default is using conversation view, by date, with the main sort on the received column with the newest messages sorted to the top of the list, getting older as you go further down your inbox.

The easiest thing to do is use the View ribbon:  ALT+V,  RS   (Throw focus to the View Ribbon then activate the Reverse Sort control).  After that, based on what you've offered, they should be sorted in the order you wish to have them in.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Amir Shah

I am using outlook 365

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 2:45 PM

If you are using Microsoft 365, press your alt key, tab to view, press space bar, arrow down to arrange by and you will see your options there.

It helps if you had said what e-mail client you are using with gmail or whether you are accessing gmail via the web.

Milton

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Amir Shah
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 4:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: question about gmail

Amir Shah

Thank you it worked

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 2:52 PM

My guess is that you've accidentally flipped the sort on the Received column.  You can sort your messages based on any one of the column headers (e.g., Subject, From, etc.)   The default is using conversation view, by date, with the main sort on the received column with the newest messages sorted to the top of the list, getting older as you go further down your inbox.

The easiest thing to do is use the View ribbon:  ALT+V,  RS   (Throw focus to the View Ribbon then activate the Reverse Sort control).  After that, based on what you've offered, they should be sorted in the order you wish to have them in.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss