Topics

moderated Question about David Moore's Edge tutorial

Richard Turner

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Bill White

No, since the new chrome based Edge was not out when the tutorial was created, and no one would know the layout and keystrokes that would be applicable to the new chrome based Edge.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Richard Turner

Thanks Bill,

I wasn’t sure how much things changed as I didn’t start using Edge until this new one came out.

Richard

No, since the new chrome based Edge was not out when the tutorial was created, and no one would know the layout and keystrokes that would be applicable to the new chrome based Edge.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Andrew J. LaPointe

Hello, what advantage do you have by using Edge vs. chrome or firefox? Andy and Shubert

I wasn’t sure how much things changed as I didn’t start using Edge until this new one came out.

Richard

No, since the new chrome based Edge was not out when the tutorial was created, and no one would know the layout and keystrokes that would be applicable to the new chrome based Edge.

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Don & Cher

I have recently written David re this:

“David- I cannot work through section 4 of the tutorial at all. I have the March JAWS and Edge80.x- just installed a couple of days ago. (I grew tired of

waiting for it to show up in updates- seems like I am behind everyone else at this point.) Is there anything I need to change before working with the

tutorial? No clue about the issue

Cher"

I wasn’t sure how much things changed as I didn’t start using Edge until this new one came out.

Richard

No, since the new chrome based Edge was not out when the tutorial was created, and no one would know the layout and keystrokes that would be applicable to the new chrome based Edge.

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

David Moore

Hello all! Know that tutorial is for the old windows edge that came out with Windows 10 originally. I am working on a tutorial for the new chrome edge. The new chrome ads as a couple of bugs in organizing your favorites, and a couple places and settings. I am trying to find workarounds for these few places, and I will write a d tutorial once I find the workarounds. I am half done with the tutorial, but I am trying to find workarounds for three different things. Favorites, and a couple places in the settings. if you want, I can finish the tutorial right away, and get it to you without the work around. Have a great one guys, sorry I am just replying to this message. Things are pretty crazy around here, my wife wants to watch a lot of news, and I haven't had as much time to go through these messages. Have a great one guys, in Microsoft edge is almost there, but I would still suggest chrome over it in my opinion. Have a great one guys!

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 12:50 PM Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

If David reads this, or anyone who knows more than I, which should be a lot of people…

The one tutorial I found by David Moore on Edge is from 2017.

Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard

Richard Turner

Thanks David for the great work you do on these tutorials.
I'll gladly wait until you feel it is ready to be put out there.
I know what you mean about your wife wanting to watch lots of news.
That's why I am wearing out my headphones, grin.
Later,

Richard

"Today's poop is tomorrow's fertilizer." -- Anonymous

(Sent from my iPhone SE)

On Apr 7, 2020, at 2:57 PM, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

[...]

David Diamond

I just wish they’d make a browser that is pretty much good with everything.  Chrome is good with Face Book however, I can never find the groups I belong too. Fire Fox solves this problem but it leaves out things as well.  Edge?  If I want to listen to the entire post instead of just the snippet, for get it.  Where some browsers say, “full story, Edge says M O R E O P T I O N S. Which tells me nothing except there are more options.  However, it does not give me or allow me to click on the message.  Thus I have to go back and forth with the browsers.  YouTube works best with Chrome and worst with Fire Fox.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 12:50 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
Is that applicable to the new Chrome based Edge?
As has already been noted, "No."   However, the new Chromium-based Edge is very, very much like the Google Chrome browser in virtually all (but not absolutely all, e.g., Favorites - which MS should have dumped entirely) respects.

With the exception of the stuff that MS customized to themselves, the rest is essentially Chrome (or Brave, or any number of other Chromium-based web browsers).

        ~ Joshua Liebman