moderated question about activating links in a Word document

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting this
on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses or
web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them? Right now
when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank line gets
placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply curious
that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Any
help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Leo

What if you bring up the list of links available by pressing JawsKey plus
f7?

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

crayton Benner

Yes. You can do that, and it does work just fine.

On Oct 15, 2021, at 16:04, Leo <literophilus@...> wrote:

What if you bring up the list of links available by pressing JawsKey plus
f7?

Best,
    Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Madison. That's because, usually, when you open a Word document, you are
in edit mode. This means that, when you press ENTER, SPACE, or other keys,
you are inserting something into the document. Try pressing JAWS key plus Z
first, to turn on navigation keys, and take you out of edit mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this
on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or
web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them? Right
now
when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank line gets
placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply curious
that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Any
help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Bill White

Hi, Madison. I seem to be having trouble sending to groups.io from this
address this morning, so I had to send this twice. That's because, usually,
[...]

Ben Moxey

Hi Madison

Using your links list (JAWS key + F7) is a really easy way to do this. It
will automatically select the nearest link in the document when the list
opens. Otherwise, you can simulate a left mouse click when the text cursor
is within the link by pressing slash on the number pad, or Caps Lock + 8 on
the number row in laptop keyboard mode.

All the best.

Ben

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Or you can press Shift + F10 on any of the links and choose the option to "Open Hyperlink"

Using your links list (JAWS key + F7) is a really easy way to do this. It will automatically select the nearest link in the document when the list opens. Otherwise, you can simulate a left mouse click when the text cursor is within the link by pressing slash on the number pad, or Caps Lock + 8 on the number row in laptop keyboard mode.

All the best.

Ben

Hi, Madison. I seem to be having trouble sending to groups.io from this address this morning, so I had to send this twice. That's because, usually, when you open a Word document, you are in edit mode. This means that, when you press ENTER, SPACE, or other keys, you are inserting something into the document. Try pressing JAWS key plus Z first, to turn on navigation keys, and take you out of edit mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Richard B. McDonald

I seem to recollect that Control+Enter activates a link. I think you must
have your cursor on the link. And, there may be an option within Word's
settings to enable this.

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Curtis Chong

My strategy is to activate the context menu on the link with shift+f10 and then arrow down to open link. Then, I press Enter. This works every time.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

On Oct 16, 2021, at 8:06 AM, Richard B. McDonald <richardbmcdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

I seem to recollect that Control+Enter activates a link. I think you must
have your cursor on the link. And, there may be an option within Word's
settings to enable this.

Not sure if this would be a Jaws or Word question so that's why I'm posting
this on hear.
When I have a Word document with links in it whether that be email addresses
or web addresses is there any way to have them open when I enter on them?
Right now when I try and do this the only thing that happens is that a blank
line gets placed in the document. If there isn't then that's fine I'm simply
curious that's all. Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows
10. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated as always!! Thanks Madison

Steve Nutt

No, Control+Enter will insert a page break.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close