moderated putting folder on desktop

Shirley Tracy

Hi Everyone,

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Bill White

Hi, Shirley. If you have Windows 10, or Windows 11, do the following:

1. When at the desktop, press and hold the Windows key and tap the R key for Run.

2. When the Run dialogue appears, type the following,

shell:AppsFolder

3. When the AppsFolder folder opens, press the O key until you see OneDrive.

4. Press the Applications key, or press SHIFT plus F10, and arrow down to Create Shortcut, and press ENTER.

5. The OneDrive shortcut should now be on your desktop again.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Hareth

Hi,
press windows key plus r, type . "the dot mark" then press enter
press the letter o to find one drive and press the applications key
press the letter n then d to find "desktop create shortcut" then press enter.
Done.
TC

On 4/23/22, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@...> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got
it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I
would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

meow meow

how do u go to desk top?

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Bill White

To go to desktop,

Use either Windows key plus D, or use Windows key plus M. These are Windows commands, and should work regardless of which screen reader you use.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

meow meow

either wouldn't work that I try that
I have window 11 and jaws 22

Use either Windows key plus D, or use Windows key plus M. These are Windows commands, and should work regardless of which screen reader you use.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Bill White

Are you saying that when you press Windows key plus D or Windows key plus M, it didn't take you to the desktop?

Don't press the Windows key, let it up, and press D or M. You have to have the Windows key held down when you press either D or M. This should take you to your desktop where all your programs you have put on the desktop can be viewed.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Use either Windows key plus D, or use Windows key plus M. These are Windows commands, and should work regardless of which screen reader you use.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

meow meow

ok I'll try it thanks so much

Use either Windows key plus D, or use Windows key plus M. These are Windows commands, and should work regardless of which screen reader you use.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks Bill. I’ll do it.

Shirley Tracy

Can someone refresh my memory, please. I got rid of ONE DRIVE but just got it back. How can I put it on my desktop? It was once there on its own but I would like it back.

You don’t want to know why I got rid of it—long and crazy story. 😊

Thanks for any help.

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

My downloadable tutorial in MS-Word DOCX format:  Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10 or 11

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Shirley Tracy

Thank you all who responded. I sort of ended up using a combination of Bill’s and Hareth’s ideas—but Bryan was correct saying there have been changes—I ultimately ended with something from his instructions—but to be honest, I’m not totally sure what I did. But it worked. Thanks much.

Shirley Tracy

Albert Cutolo

Good morning Brian,

I downloaded your tutorial on how too put  shortcuts on the desktop.  However, this tutorial seems too be in protected view.  My question is, where do I go too in word, too turn off protected view?  I went into word looked for either trust  center  but couldn’t find that option.  Could you please show me  where too go too disable protected view  off please?

My downloadable tutorial in MS-Word DOCX format:  Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10 or 11

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Curtis Chong

Albert:

What you want is Trust Center Settings in Word, PowerPoint, and also Excel. You can also unprotect what you open by pressing F6 to get into the dialog and then tabbing.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I downloaded your tutorial on how too put  shortcuts on the desktop.  However, this tutorial seems too be in protected view.  My question is, where do I go too in word, too turn off protected view?  I went into word looked for either trust  center  but couldn’t find that option.  Could you please show me  where too go too disable protected view  off please?

My downloadable tutorial in MS-Word DOCX format:  Adding Desktop Shortcuts Under Windows 10 or 11

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

The steps below will prevent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint from opening attachments in “protected” view. You only have to do these steps once for each program. If you don’t care much about spreadsheets or slides, then you can just do the steps below for Microsoft Word.

Microsoft Word Procedure

  1. Open Word into a blank document.
  2. Press Alt with F followed by the letter t to go into the Word Options menu.
  3. Press down arrow about ten times until you hear JAWS say Trust Center.
  4. Shift Tab three times to land on Trust Center Settings and then press Enter to open up Trust Center Settings.
  5. Now, press the Down Arrow key to get to Protected View and start tabbing. Here, you will find three checkboxes. Tab to each checkbox and uncheck the box by pressing Space.
  6. Tab to and press Enter on the OK Button. Then, press Escape.

That’s all there is to it for Microsoft Word. If you don’t need to worry about spreadsheets or PowerPoint slides that are emailed to you as attachments, you can ignore the rest of this.

Microsoft Excel Procedure

  1. Open Excel into a blank document.
  2. Press Alt with F followed by the letter t to go into the Excel Options menu.
  3. Press down arrow about twelve times until you hear JAWS say Trust Center.
  4. Shift Tab three times to land on Trust Center Settings and then press Enter to open up Trust Center Settings.
  5. Now, press the Up Arrow key to get to Protected View and start tabbing. Here, you will find five checkboxes. Tab to each checkbox and uncheck the box by pressing Space.
  6. Finally, Tab to and press Enter on the OK Button. Then, press Escape.

That’s it for Excel.

PowerPoint Procedure

  1. Open PowerPoint into a blank slide.
  2. Press Alt with F followed by the letter t to go into the PowerPoint Options menu.
  3. Press down arrow about ten times until you hear JAWS say Trust Center.
  4. Shift Tab three times to land on Trust Center Settings and then press Enter to open up Trust Center Settings.
  5. Now, press the Down Arrow key to get to Protected View and start tabbing. Here, you will find three checkboxes. Tab to each checkbox and uncheck the box by pressing Space.
  6. Finally, Tab to and press Enter on the OK Button. Then, press Escape.

That’s it for Excel.

All done.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong