Topics

moderated Protected View in Word, Other Ways to Get Around It

Mike B

In Word, press f6 until you here a message warning you about documents from the web.  You can then tab to a button to allow editing.
Then, I'd save it.
Richard

This is probably not the best way to do it, but if you hit control S to save
it, Word  will say that it is in protected view and saving is disabled. If
you tab over to "enable saving" it will take it out of protected view. I
think there is a direct command to protect and unprotect, but I don't know
what it is.
Pshon

Justin Williams

Mike, Nothing is on the top of your message.

Justin

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 01:58 PM, Justin Williams wrote:
Mike, Nothing is on the top of your message.
-
That's because his message is a quotation of instructions contributed by two others.

           ~ André Gide

Cohn, Jonathan

My guide from when I was helping the trainers at the VA was to curse at Word.
Press alt followed by F followed by I followed by E

This always reminded me of the song in Camelot "Fie on Virtue".
BTW F stands for file, i for information and e for enable editing.

Take care!
Jonathan

On Mar 4, 2021, at 13:42, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

In Word, press f6 until you here a message warning you about documents from the web.  You can then tab to a button to allow editing.
Then, I'd save it.
Richard

This is probably not the best way to do it, but if you hit control S to save
it, Word  will say that it is in protected view and saving is disabled. If
you tab over to "enable saving" it will take it out of protected view. I
think there is a direct command to protect and unprotect, but I don't know
what it is.
Pshon

NFB Lab 4

Alt F for the file menu, I’ve for info tab, and E for enable editing. Again that’s alt F, I, e

On Mar 4, 2021, at 1:58 PM, Justin Williams <justin.williams2@...> wrote:

Mike, Nothing is on the top of your message.

Justin

In Word, press f6 until you here a message warning you about documents from the web.  You can then tab to a button to allow editing.
Then, I'd save it.
Richard

This is probably not the best way to do it, but if you hit control S to save
it, Word  will say that it is in protected view and saving is disabled. If
you tab over to "enable saving" it will take it out of protected view. I
think there is a direct command to protect and unprotect, but I don't know
what it is.
Pshon

Mike B

I'm sorry but, I meant to send this to myself as a quick note, and screwed up!

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.