moderated protected view in Word

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried selecting
it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order to edit it it
didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the document out of protected
view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using latest Jaws, Windows 10 and
Office 365. Thanks Madison

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried selecting
it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order to edit it it
didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the document out of protected
view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using latest Jaws, Windows 10 and
Office 365. Thanks Madison

Richard Turner

In Word, press f6 until you here a message warning you about documents from the web. You can then tab to a button to allow editing.
Then, I'd save it.

Richard

Ralph's Observation: It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried selecting it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order to edit it it didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the document out of protected view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using latest Jaws, Windows 10 and Office 365. Thanks Madison

Justin Williams

Alt f I then e wil also work.

I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried
selecting it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order
to edit it it didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the
document out of protected view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using
latest Jaws, Windows 10 and Office 365. Thanks Madison

Adjusting Protected View Settings in MS-Office Programs

If you only deal with documents (whether Word, Excel, etc.) from sources you know and trust Protected View is just a PITA.  I always turn it off.

           ~ André Gide

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Open the document, hit alt+f and tab to the left to file. Go down to info go
across to protected view. Open it and that should work.

I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried
selecting it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order
to edit it it didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the
document out of protected view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using
latest Jaws, Windows 10 and Office 365. Thanks Madison

Ron Pelletier

Hi Madison,

Just press F6 and go to allow editing and hit enter.

Ron & Danvers

I just downloaded a document and it's in protected view, when I tried
selecting it and copying and pasting it into the body of an email in order
to edit it it didn't work. Can someone please tell me how to get the
document out of protected view so that I can edit it and send it? I'm using
latest Jaws, Windows 10 and Office 365. Thanks Madison

Lori Lynn

Another way is to press F12 to save the document. You will get a message that says this is a protected document. Tab once to the button that asks if you want to unprotect the file. Hit the spacebar and you are ready to go.

Lori Lynn

My web site, https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7C%7C8e21f8bd242248cd6cb208d8df3a1bda%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637504787946879788%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=pQBR9CaQXxToNCgsdAz56EZ7bcahrBAauhahJUIN1a8%3D&amp;reserved=0