Topics

problem with new version of Jaws

T. Civitello

Ever since I installed the new version of Jaws this morning, Jaws sounds like it is in a box or empty room. Every once in a while the old Jaws voice comes back for a few seconds and them it reverts to the hollow sounding voice which is hard to understand. Anyone else having this problem?  Tom

T. Civitello

I forgot Windows 10.  Tom

Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 7:00 PM
Subject: problem with new version of Jaws

Ever since I installed the new version of Jaws this morning, Jaws sounds like it is in a box or empty room. Every once in a while the old Jaws voice comes back for a few seconds and them it reverts to the hollow sounding voice which is hard to understand. Anyone else having this problem?  Tom

Leo

I definitely don’t have this issue

Best,

Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: problem with new version of Jaws

John Doering

Tom:

Just a suggestion.

Your connections may of built up a static charge.

Try unplugging your speakers, wiping them with a paper towel (can use connector cleaner if you have some), then plug them back in.

HTH,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Leo
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 7:23 AM

I definitely don’t have this issue

Best,

Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not." Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:07 PM

Check your sound card properties and make sure that Enhancements and Spacial sound are turned off.

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:01 PM
To: jfw@groups.io

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

I installed the latest version of JAWS 2021 yesterday and have had no problems at all up until now. The voice is absolutely normal.

Did you install the update?  If so, I recommend that you go to the Vispero site and download the full version and install it right on top of yours. This is a much better practice since many updates have resulted in problems and installing the full updated version has fixed them.

Ron & Danvers

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 10:01 PM

T. Civitello

“            Check your sound card properties and make sure that Enhancements and Spacial sound are turned off.”
Spacial sound are turned off but could not find  Enhancements.   Tom

Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2021 7:41 AM

Check your sound card properties and make sure that Enhancements and Spacial sound are turned off.

Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:01 PM