Topics

moderated PROBLEM WITH JAWS 2020 AND BRAILLE

Gery Gaubert

Well I decided to play with narrator a bit.  I got my braille display to function properly and explored a bit.  I decided that narrator just wasn’t for me.  I attempted to get jaws 2020 to work with my pacmate as well as a very old handy tech braille star 40.  Both functioned properly before the narrator exploration.  Now I have uninstalled the narrator braille support as suggested in the narrator user manual.  Problem is that now I have no braille on either display in jaws 2020.  Any thoughts/ideas, suggestions.  Thanks!!

Richard Turner

You may have to reinstall any drivers for those displays again.
Or, run a Jaws repair and see if that fixes it.

Richard

On Jun 14, 2020, at 7:57 PM, Gery Gaubert <gerygaubert@...> wrote:

Well I decided to play with narrator a bit.  I got my braille display to function properly and explored a bit.  I decided that narrator just wasn’t for me.  I attempted to get jaws 2020 to work with my pacmate as well as a very old handy tech braille star 40.  Both functioned properly before the narrator exploration.  Now I have uninstalled the narrator braille support as suggested in the narrator user manual.  Problem is that now I have no braille on either display in jaws 2020.  Any thoughts/ideas, suggestions.  Thanks!!

Richard Turner

Until the Narrator braille driver conflict with Jaws is fixed, this is going to happen.
You may want to contact Microsoft Accessibility support to at least register your complaint that the Narrator braille driver is in conflict with the Jaws driver.
800-936-5900

Richard

On Jun 14, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

 You may have to reinstall any drivers for those displays again.
Or, run a Jaws repair and see if that fixes it.

Richard

On Jun 14, 2020, at 7:57 PM, Gery Gaubert <gerygaubert@...> wrote:

Well I decided to play with narrator a bit.  I got my braille display to function properly and explored a bit.  I decided that narrator just wasn’t for me.  I attempted to get jaws 2020 to work with my pacmate as well as a very old handy tech braille star 40.  Both functioned properly before the narrator exploration.  Now I have uninstalled the narrator braille support as suggested in the narrator user manual.  Problem is that now I have no braille on either display in jaws 2020.  Any thoughts/ideas, suggestions.  Thanks!!

Justin Williams

Try a system restore on the pc to before you did all that with narrator, maybe?

Justin

Well I decided to play with narrator a bit.  I got my braille display to function properly and explored a bit.  I decided that narrator just wasn’t for me.  I attempted to get jaws 2020 to work with my pacmate as well as a very old handy tech braille star 40.  Both functioned properly before the narrator exploration.  Now I have uninstalled the narrator braille support as suggested in the narrator user manual.  Problem is that now I have no braille on either display in jaws 2020.  Any thoughts/ideas, suggestions.  Thanks!!

David Tanner

Well I hate to tell you this but sadly you will have to replace the rail drivers in jaws for any displays that you used with narrator because the narrator will have erased those drivers and put in their drivers

rom my iPhone 8