From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pat Byrne
Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2022 5:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Problem using Bard, on the PC.

I couldn't get the search to work, either.  JFW 2021 and Edge.  This is recent; worked a few days ago.
Pat ByrneAt 06:55 AM 9/4/2022, you wrote:

Good morning everyone,

I�m writing too ask the following question as it  relates too using Bard on a PC computer.  Using the latest Jaws and windows 10, Whenever I type a book in the search field and press the enter key,  The search results don�t come up for the book,.  It just seems too freeze up, and I can�t go further.  I did check the check box, too have all my audio books displayed in the English  language, But that doesn�t resolve the issue that I�m trying too describe here.

Is anyone that uses bard on a PC encountering this issue?

Al

Mike Pietruk

Sandra

Glad you were able to resolve your search problem.
Part of the issue here, other than the obvious BARD slow processing
problem, is users understanding some of the finer points of using
their screen reader, in this Case, JAWS.
Your knowledge saved your search day from frustration to finding whatever
you were after.

Sandra Streeter

Amen! It doesn't explain why I've never had to do the escape thing before,
but whatevvv.

Sandra

A spirit with a vision is a dream
With a mission
(Neil Peart, of the band Rush)

Glad you were able to resolve your search problem.
Part of the issue here, other than the obvious BARD slow processing problem,
is users understanding some of the finer points of using their screen
reader, in this Case, JAWS.
Your knowledge saved your search day from frustration to finding whatever
you were after.

Mike Pietruk

Bill

I'm glad that there is some sanity relative to two-factor.
Given the computer skill level of their average customer, I suspect that
it would be a nightmare.
And what are they really protecting?
It may be symbolic, but not necessary.

Karen Reynolds

I've tried IE, Firefox, and edge. I've had the same problem and the same
error message show up on all of them. It appears that their search engine is
sluggish and will time out after a minute. There are ways to fix this, but
they apparently haven't yet. Hopefully soon.

Karen