Topics

moderated Possible bug w/J2020 and Edge

Norma A. Boge

Hi group,

I’m using current versions of Jaws and Edge. When Edge has finished downloading a file, Jaws says “Download complete… Press Shift+F6 to cycle to the downloads bar area." This key combo puts me in the address bar, not the download area. I think the prompt should say F6 not shift f6. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

Norma

Edward Green

Hi Norma,

Yes. I get the same behaviour and use the same workaround.

I wonder if this is a hangover from Google Chrome scripts now that Edge is chromium based as shift+f6 is the correct keystroke in that browser.

Cheers,

Ed

On Sat, 27 Jun 2020, 12:03 Norma A. Boge, <naboge@...> wrote:

Hi group,

I’m using current versions of Jaws and Edge. When Edge has finished downloading a file, Jaws says “Download complete… Press Shift+F6 to cycle to the downloads bar area." This key combo puts me in the address bar, not the download area. I think the prompt should say F6 not shift f6. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,

Norma

Report it to Vispero via the Freedom Scientific website, should be not too difficult for them to fix this.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Edward Green
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:57 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Possible bug w/J2020 and Edge

Hi Norma,

I wonder if this is a hangover from Google Chrome scripts now that Edge is chromium based as shift+f6 is the correct keystroke in that browser.

Cheers,

Ed

Hi group,

Thanks,

Norma

Norma A. Boge

Yes, already submitted. Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:43 AM

Report it to Vispero via the Freedom Scientific website, should be not too difficult for them to fix this.

Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:57 AM

Hi Norma,

Cheers,

Ed

Hi group,

Thanks,

Norma

Norma A. Boge

Hi Ed,

That sure makes sense. I have to admit it threw me for a loop initially. I’m sure FS will take care of it.

Thanks for writing,

Norma

Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:57 AM

Hi Norma,

Cheers,

Ed

Hi group,

Thanks,

Norma

David Kingsbury

Hi,

Not sure why fixing this should even matter to you. Once a download is confirmed, all I care about is going to my Downloads folder on my PC to find it.

David