moderated Ponderings

Richard Turner

I wonder why it is when someone states a strong opinion about how to do X, Y, or Z, that people have to jump on that person.

Threads often stay alive long after useful information has been communicated because some people do not like the way one person phrased their response.  Or, they sounded too harsh, or they just do it differently than you.

I’m adopting a rule for myself to never respond to an email on a list until I have thought through my reply and waited at least 10 minutes, unless it is a simple case of directing someone to a resource.

The delete key is a wonderous tool.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Randy Barnett

So, If you see a post that belittles or talks down to someone you will stay silent? Think of all the bulling that you could have stopped... I just pointed out his comment was not cool, I haven't dun anything wrong despite the profanity and derogatory language from Brian. I haven't said anything inane or had a diatribe or preached or what was it last time? Ah, waged a Jihad against him... You all defending him for telling a blind person they should have known something because it was in "a big bold box" at the beginning of the article Basicly calling him stupid or incompetant is what bothers me most.

On 4/6/2021 1:06 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

I wonder why it is when someone states a strong opinion about how to do X, Y, or Z, that people have to jump on that person.

Threads often stay alive long after useful information has been communicated because some people do not like the way one person phrased their response.  Or, they sounded too harsh, or they just do it differently than you.

I’m adopting a rule for myself to never respond to an email on a list until I have thought through my reply and waited at least 10 minutes, unless it is a simple case of directing someone to a resource.

The delete key is a wonderous tool.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

Sandra Streeter

Here, here!

Sandra

"May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of others with kindness and compassion."

Thomas Jefferson