Topics

moderated Podcast, New Feature

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has listened to the latest podcast but there was an option mentioned for some laptops that cut off the first part of speech with bluetooth headphones, did anyone listen to this?

Steven Hicks.

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader.

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@....

Shan Noyes

Yes, what is happening is to save power some sound card drivers are putting the card into a sleep or shutdown mode and so when Jaws goes to send info to the sound card it has to wake up.  This isn’t happening to everyone.  The solution was a small program was written that continually sends something to the card to keep it active. And that way it didn’t have to wake up.

In the June release of Jaws they are going to build this feature of keeping the card awake as an option that a person can turn on if they are experiencing the issue.

Have a good day.