Topics

moderated podcast apps

Marianne Denning

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Randy Barnett

Sticher is supposed to be accessible. I havent used it but it was recomended to me.

On 10/20/2020 11:07 AM, Marianne Denning wrote:

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Randy Barnett

Also Audible supports podcasts if you use it.

On 10/20/2020 1:05 PM, Randy Barnett via groups.io wrote:

Sticher is supposed to be accessible. I havent used it but it was recomended to me.

On 10/20/2020 11:07 AM, Marianne Denning wrote:

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Hope Williamson

On 10/20/2020 1:05 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Sticher is supposed to be accessible. I havent used it but it was recomended to me.

On 10/20/2020 11:07 AM, Marianne Denning wrote:

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Stan Bobbitt

I use Grover. It’s accessible. I can search for, find, subscribe, unsubscribe, fast forward, rewind, and of course play and pause podcasts.

It’s available in the Microsoft store.

StanB

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

David Diamond

I’ve been following this thread.  I downloaded Grover, I’m not sure how you are getting to any of the controls you mentioned.  All I here is “button”, “button”, button”.  What exactly are these buttons.  I could get no explanation and I’m certainly not going to  click on something I don’t know what it does.

I use Grover. It’s accessible. I can search for, find, subscribe, unsubscribe, fast forward, rewind, and of course play and pause podcasts.

It’s available in the Microsoft store.

StanB

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Stan Bobbitt

Hi, there are a few buttons that aren’t labeled but if you’ll use the tab key you’ll find the search field to search for podcast. Type in the name and hit enter. Give it a few seconds and use tab to locate the results. Hit enter on the podcast, then with tab key once more you’ll find a subscribe button. After that again using tab, you should find a list of episodes. Enter on the episode. If it doesn’t start playing right away, tab till you find the play button. Just ignore the buttons that aren’t labeled.

HTH,

StanB

[...]

I clicked on one, and it was the search button. I typed in something, and the search results were all unlabeled.

On 10/21/2020 8:17 AM, David Diamond wrote:

I’ve been following this thread.  I downloaded Grover, I’m not sure how you are getting to any of the controls you mentioned.  All I here is “button”, “button”, button”.  What exactly are these buttons.  I could get no explanation and I’m certainly not going to  click on something I don’t know what it does.

I use Grover. It’s accessible. I can search for, find, subscribe, unsubscribe, fast forward, rewind, and of course play and pause podcasts.

It’s available in the Microsoft store.

StanB

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

Stan Bobbitt

Hmm, that’s strange. Do you have JAWS set to read labeled graphics?

StanB

I clicked on one, and it was the search button. I typed in something, and the search results were all unlabeled.

On 10/21/2020 8:17 AM, David Diamond wrote:

I’ve been following this thread.  I downloaded Grover, I’m not sure how you are getting to any of the controls you mentioned.  All I here is “button”, “button”, button”.  What exactly are these buttons.  I could get no explanation and I’m certainly not going to  click on something I don’t know what it does.

I use Grover. It’s accessible. I can search for, find, subscribe, unsubscribe, fast forward, rewind, and of course play and pause podcasts.

It’s available in the Microsoft store.

StanB

Are there any accessible podcast apps so I can subscribe to different podcasts on my Windows 10 computer?

David Diamond

read labeled graphics?  How do you set JAWS to do that?