moderated Please tell me how to unload and reload JAWS safely

Shirley Tracy

HI,

I’m having a lot of little challenges with JAWS. Mail is freezing up, and so are other apps. Other little things aren’t right. I called Freedom Scientific, but the tech support person with whom I spoke said it was a Microsoft issue—especially mail. I thought he was right, but more issues have convinced me that I need to reload a new JAWS. So how do I do it without losing my mail and other programs?

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Milton Ota

Hello,

If you live in the United States and would like me to tandam into your computer to see if I can help, I think I can clear up some of the problem you are experiencing.

I’m in the Central Time Zone, so if interested, reply to this message with a phone number and best time to tandam into your computer. I’m pretty much free all day tomorrow and available up until 10 o’clock this evening.

I have help fix a few others who were experiencing similar problems that you are describing.

I’m having a lot of little challenges with JAWS. Mail is freezing up, and so are other apps. Other little things aren’t right. I called Freedom Scientific, but the tech support person with whom I spoke said it was a Microsoft issue—especially mail. I thought he was right, but more issues have convinced me that I need to reload a new JAWS. So how do I do it without losing my mail and other programs?

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Don Risavy, Jr.

Use the insert f4 command or numpad0 f4 to unload jaws and then can turn it back on using the hot key if set up of alt ctrl j or the run command followed by the word jaws and the version number for example jaws2021 or can also be done from the windows key by typing jaws and pressing enter.

So hope that helps.

I’m having a lot of little challenges with JAWS. Mail is freezing up, and so are other apps. Other little things aren’t right. I called Freedom Scientific, but the tech support person with whom I spoke said it was a Microsoft issue—especially mail. I thought he was right, but more issues have convinced me that I need to reload a new JAWS. So how do I do it without losing my mail and other programs?

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Hi,

How about 10:30 tomorrow, Eastern time. I’m more available then.

Thanks.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy