moderated please help

Andrew J. LaPointe

Hello all. I asked a few years ago on how to sort my outlook messages by
oldest to newest. I have just come out of the hospital after 3 months of
being there and now, my mail is all over the place. I am using the Jaws
portal which is the current and office 365 current. I am looking for my
mail the has been replied and have difficulty finding them due to that
problem. Can someone refresh my memory on how to sort my mail? Thank you
so very much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Debby Hill

Hi Andy,

I sure hope you are feeling better! That is an awfully long stint in the
hospital!

Caution, I am using Outlook 2016, so mileage may vary. Here is one way to do
it:

Ok, I am assuming you are using outlook on your computer and not a web
interface.

Press control + space to unselect messages.

Press the applications key or shift + F10 to get to a context menu.

Arrow down to Sort and press enter.

There you will see a list of various fields you can sort by. Arrow down to
you get to the one you want then tab.

Then you get the choice of Ascending and descending.

Tab again and you can add another sort field to your process.
When you tab again I think it gives you a list of fields you can choose
from, but I don't completely understand it.

Tab again and you get to the "ok" button. Press enter and hopefully you will
get the sort you are looking for.

I hope that helps!

Take care and stay safe!

Debby

Hello all. I asked a few years ago on how to sort my outlook messages by
oldest to newest. I have just come out of the hospital after 3 months of
being there and now, my mail is all over the place. I am using the Jaws
portal which is the current and office 365 current. I am looking for my
mail the has been replied and have difficulty finding them due to that
problem. Can someone refresh my memory on how to sort my mail? Thank you
so very much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Adrian Spratt

Good morning, Andy.

Debby has already given you extremely clear directions. Like her, I hope they work on your system. I'd like to make a different kind of suggestion that might work alongside Debby's approach.

You should have a folder called "Unread Mail," where you'll find all the messages you never opened. It might help you sort through what you have and haven't replied to.

This folder doesn't come up in the regular folders list. I find it on my system, which (like Debby's) has Outlook 2016, by going to the very last folder that comes up with first-letter navigation. In my case, it happens that my last folder's name begins with "z."

When I press the down arrow key at that point, I land on "Search folders." I press the right-arrow key, and right below is "Unread Mail."

If this folder doesn't turn up on your system, please post again. I recall long ago going through Outlook's file menu to get the Unread Mail folder to appear. I could try to figure it out again. Or maybe someone else will post the procedure.

All the best in getting your life back to normal.

Hello all. I asked a few years ago on how to sort my outlook messages by oldest to newest. I have just come out of the hospital after 3 months of being there and now, my mail is all over the place. I am using the Jaws portal which is the current and office 365 current. I am looking for my mail the has been replied and have difficulty finding them due to that problem. Can someone refresh my memory on how to sort my mail? Thank you so very much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Editor, Commission Commuter Update and the Safe Disabled Traveler Notebook Talking Information Center